Homemade Roughing Gouge
Patrick on homemadetools.net
Homemade roughing gouge adapted from a surplus file, cut to length and passed repeatedly beneath a lapidary wheel to create the correct profile. The cutting tip was rounded and sharpened, the back was smoothed, and the gouge was set into a custom-turned Merbau handle.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Board Jack / Deadman bench jig (Video, step by step instructions, plans) by Make Things on 2023-03-28 01:55:39
- Shooting range brass collector - GIF by schuylergrace on 2023-03-27 23:31:01
- Intercom motorcycle helmets - photo by schuylergrace on 2023-03-27 23:06:27
- Bicycle funeral procession - photos by mansworld on 2023-03-27 22:37:11
- View from the summit of Mount Everest - GIF by mansworld on 2023-03-27 21:59:14
- 1964 Forest Rover - photo by Altair on 2023-03-27 21:51:01
- Loose wheel upsets Kia driver by jimfols on 2023-03-27 21:44:15
- Semi tractor convertible - photos by sossol on 2023-03-27 21:09:09
- Tire sidewall cutting machine - GIF by Altair on 2023-03-27 20:27:01
- Instagram models - GIFs by WmRMeyers on 2023-03-27 20:06:02
DIY Roughing Gouge - comment on how to build a Roughing Gouge - 0 comments
Be the first to comment on this DIY Roughing Gouge, or add details on how to make a Roughing Gouge! Click the "add comment" button above to comment.
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook free!
- BuildThreads Network: