UH-OH, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO THIS CONTENT! CLICK HERE TO LOGIN
If you're not yet a Supporting Member of HomemadeTools.net, click here to sign up. You'll get 2,000+ homemade tool plans, tool build guides, homemade tool ebooks, instant full forum access, and much more (scroll down for more info).
Does this sound familiar?
- -You have projects that you want to complete, and ideas for more great projects after those.
- -To complete your projects, you first need some specialty tools.
- -You can't afford the tools that you need, let alone all the tools that you want.
We can help you start building tools today with our collection of 2,000+ tool building plans, tool build guides and eBooks, and instant access to a busy community of experienced homemade tool builders.
We know what it feels like to have great ideas for projects, but be overwhelmed by the cost of new tools.
We've been running the world's largest homemade tools website for over ten years. We're known on over 400 different DIY hobbyist forums, and our forum members have built over 10,000 homemade tools.
We have thousands of members, from beginners to the top tool builders on the internet: mklotz, rgsparber, Frank S, Christophe Mineau, Tuomas, rossbotics, jjr2001, olderdan, and many more. For our complete list, see our Top Tool Builders page.
If you're not building your own tools within 30 days of joining, we'll refund 100% of your membership fee, no questions asked. Just email us at email@example.com to get your full refund.
You can join and get access immediately for $9/month, or subscribe for a year and get 35% off at $69/year.
When you join, you'll get:
- -Our collection of plans and drawings for building more than 2,000 homemade tools.
- -eBooks with the best builds for different kinds of homemade tools.
- -Build guides focused on building specific homemade tools.
- -Access to our forum where you can talk to an active community of helpful tool builders, including: machinists, metalworkers, woodworkers, mechanics, blacksmiths, gunsmiths, pilots, boat builders, knife makers, farmers, modelers, motorcyclists, luthiers, and engineers of all kinds.
- -Access to special member-only sections of our site, so you can see 35,000+ homemade tools carefully organized by tags or even by ingredients, so you can decide which tools to build based on what materials you have.
- -Priority support if you ever need any help or have any questions about your membership.
30 Day No-Hassle Money Back Guarantee
When you join, you're fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you purchase a membership, and you decide you want to cancel any time within the next 30 days, just let us know and we'll refund your entire payment, no problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm a tool building beginner, is this site too advanced for me?
If you don't own a screwdriver and a hammer, then you're probably not ready to build your own tools. If you've already built or fixed a few things (and made some mistakes along the way!), then you're ready to start building tools. We can help you build basic woodworking tools like clamps and jigs, basic metalworking tools like sheet metal brakes and metal benders, and plenty of basic hand tools. And then we can show you how to use those tools to work on your projects, and to build more tools.
Can you help me with modifying existing tools?
Yes, we like to modify existing tools. This generally means making attachments and jigs for existing tools, and also making improvements to store-bought tools.
Will you help with tool reviews for buying new tools?
We do sometimes talk about buying new tools, especially tools that we're going to modify, but no, we don't really review new tools.
Did you write all the tool building plans yourselves?
Instead of just writing a few sets of tool plans ourselves, we created the single largest repository of homemade tool plans from all over the internet. While other sites offer you a single download of one set of tool plans, often for more than the price of one month's membership, we give you access to over 2,000 different downloadable tool plans from many different tool builders, all organized in one place for easy access. Not only is this the largest collection of tool plans on the internet, but we're constantly adding more tool plans to it.
Are you sponsored by any tool companies?
No, we aren't sponsored by any tool companies, or any tool manufacturers, or anyone in the tool industry. We're an independent online community.
Do I get everything up front?
Yes, you get instant access to everything as soon as you sign up.
What if I don't like the membership?
You can easily cancel your membership at any time.
Do I get anything in the mail?
No, all of our plans collections, eBooks, build guides, and member-only content are digital. You can download all of our content to your computer and save it. If you want paper copies, you're welcome to print anything out.