Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Build a Five Panel Bench (FREE PLANS)

Supporting Member Downeast Thunder's Avatar
    Thanks

Downeast Thunder's Tools

Build a Five Panel Bench (FREE PLANS)

Build a Five Panel Bench (FREE PLANS)-img_9574.jpg

Every year, the (non-profit) Women’s Health Resource Library (WHRL) in Milbridge, Maine holds a fund-raising auction during our local, “Milbridge Days” celebration. This is always around the end of July. You can find out more about WHRL and their wide range of free community programs at Women's Health Resource Library : Milbridge, Maine | Advancing and promoting the health and well-being of the woman, her family, and her community.

Last year, I assembled 15 folding Adirondack chairs from Chinese made kits, and they were distributed to local, professional artists. The artists painted the chairs with various designs and pictures, then returned them to WHRL. The chairs were then put on display and the public was able to bid on each chair, using the “silent auction” method, where people can write in their bid on a sheet placed on each item.

This year (2018), I am building a whole bunch of five panel benches. These will all be unfinished and distributed to the artists, the same as last year. I’m obligated to have all of them finished and distributed by mid-May to allow the artists time to paint their “masterpieces.”

I’m building the benches “Pro Bono” and WHRL is supplying the materials. A big shout out goes to Josh and Brandon, the manager and assistant manager at our local Home Depot store in Ellsworth, Maine. They were able to authorize a whopping 50% discount on the materials purchased by WHRL for making the benches!

This video will show you the process I used to fabricate and assemble the 80 parts involved to make the first batch of 16 benches. Free plans are available, but they are not from me as this is not my design. Steve Ramsey of the YouTube Channel; Wood Working for Mere Mortals designed this five-panel bench, and he has made the plans available free through a pdf download (link below) and has graciously given his permission for folks to make and sell his designs without fee or royalty.

Here's where to go for more info and link to plans: Build a Five Panel Bench (FREE PLANS) • Paul Bennett's Downeast Thunder Creations

Here's the video on the build:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Downeast Thunder Creations
    http://www.downeastthunder.com
    Shoestring Shipyard
    http://www.shoestringshipyard.com
    Downeast Thunder Creations Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUU...pKFwXTYQ57ex3g

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Downeast Thunder For This Useful Post:

DIYer (May 12, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Downeast Thunder! We've added your 5 Panel Bench to our Woodworking category,
    as well as to your builder page: Downeast Thunder's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

Downeast Thunder (May 18, 2018)

Thread Information