Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newbee!

Thanks

Joe Fyffe's Tools

Newbee!

Hi, I'm Joe Fyffe! No relation to Barney. Same Job for 29 years, just not as much money. I'm glad I found this site. I'm Broke, I'm Cheap, and I like creating. I, seriously, enjoy making my own tools. There is a sense of satisfaction like no other.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,855 Times in 11,342 Posts
    Hi Joe - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Necessity is the mother of invention What are you working on now?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Joe Fyffe's Tools
    Jon Been working on Pens lately. Have a A&C Show coming up a week from tomorrow and need inventory. My latest tool/equipment build was a exhaust fan/workstation for airbrushing and powdercoating. I have, since the photo, made the booth higher. This is mounted on a shop door with a fold down/fold up table. The hole in the table allows a plastic bag to be placed for collection of the overflow powder, when powder coating. I have also incorporated a furnace filter to catch the mist when I'm airbrushing. For safety I am going to have to remove the ends of the shelf so I don't walk into them. Don't ask me how I know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbee!-dsc_0671.jpg  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Fyffe For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Apr 15, 2015)

Thanks
    Hi Joe,

Welcome!

I'd love to see your pens. Do you prefer a particular filling mechanism, or are you making cartridge pens?

Ken

Thanks

Joe Fyffe's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    Hi Joe,

Welcome!

I'd love to see your pens. Do you prefer a particular filling mechanism, or are you making cartridge pens?

Ken
    Ken: Thanks for the contact. I only make Fountain Pes on special order. I have a couple or three "kits" that I may put together, but working Art and Craft shows, too many wannabe F/P people pick them up, do a ball point smash and there goes the nib. I'm just afraid of them for this venue. My Daughter and her Husband have a "Fountain Pen/Vintage business, that would probably be more to your liking. You can check Me out at pensofluxury — pensofluxury and them at sales@indy-pen-dance.com or Fountain Pens | Vintage Fountain Pens | Fountain Pen Inks | Pen Restoration | Indy Pen Dance | Pen Repair | Bexley | Sheaffer

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts
    Hi Joe, welcome to the forums! Great first post. Would like to see that folding work table too, if you've got pictures.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.

Thanks
    Hi Joe,

I hear you on the F/P newbie issue; I'm extremely cautious about who gets to try my pens. My current favorite is a Sheaffer Triumph vac filler that my father-in-law carried throughout the war in the Pacific. There's a lot of history there. I had it restored last year for my wife, though I'm using it more these days.

I love your Bald Eagle and Stars & Stripes designs. Great stuff!

Ken

Thanks

Joe Fyffe's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by DIYer View Post
    Hi Joe, welcome to the forums! Great first post. Would like to see that folding work table too, if you've got pictures.
    Following my initial post, I received this inquiry. This was a resourced rifle shooting bench. I probably bought the leg assemblies ( don't remember for sure ) at a home supply store. I cut it in two and with flat hinges (see photos) attached it to the shop door. It could be fastened to any outside wall, etc. I cut a hole through it to hang a plastic bag for powder coating as the powder is heavy enough to mostly go down in the bag. I have an exhaust fan to take excess outside. I have placed a furnace filter inline to separate powder and Airbrush mist, when airbrushing. As you can see the filter just lays on top of the spray booth in front of the exhaust fan. I wasn't concerned with PURTY, just wanted it to work. File name on the pics should make it pretty simple to see what they are. To cover the Powder Hole, I designed one cover with a ball motor for a turntable when airbrushing vases and bowls. and one stationary for whatever. If this helps anyone, have at it. I am also open to suggested improvements. Maybe I'll get this figured out. Computers is my weak suit. File names didn't upload with pics so, I guess if you have questions, you'll just have to ask !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbee!-folded-table-bottom.jpg   Newbee!-wall-latch.jpg   Newbee!-folding-legs.jpg   Newbee!-hole-powder-coat-powder-bag.jpg   Newbee!-powder-bag-installed.jpg  

Newbee!-setup-stationary-base-no-turntable.jpg   Newbee!-spray-booth-ball-motor-turntable-filtered-duct.jpg   Newbee!-turntable-setup-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Joe Fyffe; Apr 14, 2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: file names didn't upload with pics

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Fyffe For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Apr 15, 2015)

Thanks

Joe Fyffe's Tools
    Thanks Ken, I appreciate the compliments.

Thread Information