Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Remove advertisements
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: x-axis dro for my vintage lathe.

  1. #1
    schor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts

    schor's Tools

    x-axis dro for my vintage lathe.

    I guess this is a tool.

    Steve
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to schor For This Useful Post:

    Hans Pearson (10-25-2017), Jon (06-10-2015), kbalch (06-08-2015), Moby Duck (10-24-2017), olderdan (10-27-2017), Paul Jones (06-08-2015), PJs (06-08-2015)

  3. #2
    Ed ke6bnl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    So. California high desert
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts

    Ed ke6bnl's Tools
    great video good idea

  4. #3
    schor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts

    schor's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed ke6bnl View Post
    great video good idea
    Thanks Ed.
    Steve
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

  5. #4
    PJs
    PJs is offline
    PJs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,145
    Thanks
    5,476
    Thanked 786 Times in 505 Posts

    PJs's Tools
    Thanks Steve for posting this. Really excellent idea to keep it out of harms way! Simple & Elegant. I finally sub'd your channel today after seeing your comments many times. I have done some tests on those iGauging DRO's and found them to be very accurate and repeatable and may try one on my Mini after seeing yours...plus they are cheap and cheerful to my liking. Thanks! ~PJ

  6. #5
    Paul Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Yorba Linda, California
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    4,838
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 596 Posts

    Paul Jones's Tools
    Hi Steve,

    Excellent presentation and a smart design for the DRO mounting. I found the DRO testing vs. the worn leadscrew very useful and something I should consider on my lathe.

    Thank you, Paul

  7. #6
    schor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts

    schor's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    Thanks Steve for posting this. Really excellent idea to keep it out of harms way! Simple & Elegant. I finally sub'd your channel today after seeing your comments many times. I have done some tests on those iGauging DRO's and found them to be very accurate and repeatable and may try one on my Mini after seeing yours...plus they are cheap and cheerful to my liking. Thanks! ~PJ
    Thanks PJ and thanks for the sub.
    Steve
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

  8. #7
    schor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts

    schor's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    Hi Steve,

    Excellent presentation and a smart design for the DRO mounting. I found the DRO testing vs. the worn leadscrew very useful and something I should consider on my lathe.

    Thank you, Paul
    Thanks Paul. I agree people should check the screw, especially if they have an older lathe, mine is around 75 years old.
    Steve
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

  9. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    2,275
    Thanked 497 Times in 370 Posts
    Thanks Steve! I've added your X-Axis DRO to our Lathe Accessories and Digital Readouts categories, as well as to your builder page: schor's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:


  10. #9

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Trouble with the ads

    Quote Originally Posted by schor View Post
    I guess this is a tool.

    This is a great video but when the embedded video is clicked (on iPad and regular Windows 7 pc) there is a right sided block ad that effectively crops the video.

    I was able to view it only by pulling the YouTube link and going directly to YouTube.

    Thanks for sharing the DRO with us. You did a great job!

    Nitrous

  11. #10
    schor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 26 Times in 13 Posts

    schor's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    This is a great video but when the embedded video is clicked (on iPad and regular Windows 7 pc) there is a right sided block ad that effectively crops the video.

    I was able to view it only by pulling the YouTube link and going directly to YouTube.

    Thanks for sharing the DRO with us. You did a great job!

    Nitrous
    Thanks for the nice comment.

    Does the add overlap only happen with videos or pictures too. I know most people post pictures and a write-up, I prefer videos, if a picture is a thousand words, then a video has to be at least 10,000.
    Steve
    Check out MyShopNotes on YouTube.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •