Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Electrolytic Rust Removal
Travis on xs650.com
Homemade electrolytic rust removal method intended for restoration of motorcycle tanks. Constructed from a toilet tank's rubber flapper, a sacrificial mild steel rod, and a manual battery charger. Utilizes pure sodium carbonate in solution.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Adjustable Carriage Feed Stop for...
- Tractor PTO Leyland drop plate.
- Concrete bag lift fail - GIF
- One man Ceiling board holder
- Supporting Long plank to cut.
- Wooden Sawhorses made with no nai...
- Octopus unscrewing jar - GIF
- Trick water faucet - GIF
- Mystery rod banging machine - GIF
- Failed attempt to drill a hole in...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!