Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Taig Lathe Setup
Leon Dionne on cartertools.blogspot.com
Homemade Taig lathe setup powered by a 1/4 HP, 220v, 3-phase motor with a variable frequency drive and features a jack shaft to increase torque. Tailstock incorporates an extended lever, and its hex screw is replaced by a tommy bar. Motor mount was fabricated from angle iron and 1/4" slide rods are fixed to a wooden base.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- MY NEW TOOL CHEST FOR MY MACHINIS...
- Chainless bicycle - GIF
- Amphibious craft powered by a Ves...
- Drawknife from sickle
- Automatic driveway gate - GIF
- Tool Rest for an old Wood Lathe
- Sleipnir glacier bus - photos and...
- Euthanasia coaster - photos
- Watercooled metal slide - photo
- Putting a derailed train back on ...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!