Homemade Belt Sanders and Grinders (355)
Homemade Belt Sanders and Belt Grinders
HomemadeTools.net's belt sanders and grinders category is the best place to find hundreds of different kinds of belt sander and belt grinder builds, modifications, and many different sanding and jigs for any DIY projects you can imagine. You'll find ideas here for building your first belt grinder or belt sander, modifying your existing sander or grinder, as well as building various jigs for belt sanding and grinding. We also have multiple ideas for alternatively powering your sander or grinder, such as with a drill or a discarded treadmill.
Our builds include a variety of sanders and grinders made from converting belt sanders to table sanders, as well as numerous stands and mounting modifications. You can find ideas for swing-out belt sander stands, configurable and dual-orientation sanders and grinders, and different sizes and configurations of belt sanders and grinders, including the very popular 2x72 belt grinders.
If you're interested in a portable belt sander or grinder, our DIY projects include smaller sanders based on Dremel tools, standard portable sanders, and wheeled solutions for larger sanders and grinders.
You may want to built sanding machines that combine different sanders into a single unit, in which case our our combination belt and disc sanders may be helpful to you. If you want to power your sander with another tool or discarded motor, you may be interested in our drill-powered belt sander builds. For a larger powered sander, we have a collection of fullsize belt sanders made from discarded treadmills.
Do you want to accessorize or modify your existing belt sander or belt grinder? If so, you may enjoy the collection of belt sander modifications that we have listed, including sanding rests, fences, bench mounts, sanding belts, switches, horizontal/vertical mounting options, and even belt sanders converted to spar rounders.
If you want to build a sanding or grinding jig for your existing sander or grinder, take a look at our different jigs, including alignment jigs, scarfing jigs, radiusing jigs, and many kinds of sharpening jigs.
You can also convert your belt sanders and grinders for different sanding tasks. For example, our projects include standard edge sanders, oscillating edge sanders, knife grinders, and stroke standers.
For any kind of homemade belt sander, belt grinder, or any modification or accessory, this is the place to find build details that will save you time and money on your next project.
Newest Forum Posts
- Tunnel under construction flood - GIF by Altair on 2023-12-04 21:51:01
- News reporter struck by plane - GIF by schuylergrace on 2023-12-04 20:48:50
- Metric vs. other measurement systems - chart by neilbourjaily on 2023-12-04 20:40:25
- Smokeless powder art - GIF by Altair on 2023-12-04 20:27:01
- Vintage work crew photos by mwmkravchenko on 2023-12-04 20:09:22
- The Scoring Method - quick simple and accurate router templates by Jon on 2023-12-04 20:03:02
- Ford Pinto/Ranger pickup truck - GIF by Inflight on 2023-12-04 20:02:53
- How rocks got their names - infographic by Altair on 2023-12-04 19:13:01
- Destroying a grinding wheel with a high speed motor - GIF by nova_robotics on 2023-12-04 18:34:18
- Portable media blasting gun - GIF by nova_robotics on 2023-12-04 18:18:54