Homemade Filing Tools (34)
Homemade Filing Tools
HomemadeTools.net's filing category is the perfect place to find many different kinds of filing tools, filing machines, file cleaners, homemade file handles, file storage tricks, as well as specific types of files for knifemaking, leatherworking, gunsmithing, chainsawing, and luthiery work.
Are you looking for a unique or upcycled file handle? If so, take a look at the various ideas and builds we have for making your own file handles. Our projects include file handles made from dowels, CO2 cartridge file handles, and many other options.
Need a reliable inexpensive tool for cleaning your files? You can find DIY file cleaning devices right here, including homemade brushes for cleaning files, and even file cleaners made from wood blocks.
Maybe you just need a safe and accessible method for storing your existing files. Browse through our builds for ideas on storing files in various different racks, and even using T-tracks for file storage.
Are you a knifemaker? We have various filing options for shopbuilt knifemaking tools to help support your knifemaking hobby. Look through our builds for examples of knifemaking file guides, as well as knife filing and sanding fixtures. For gunsmithing hobbyists, our filing builds even include ideas for sight lowering files.
Chainsaw users always need good files. For filing your chain's teeth, our build ideas include projects for chainsaw file guides as well as chainsaw filing clamps.
Do you need a file for a specific hobby, and you don't want to buy an expensive fancy new one? For leatherworkers, we have ideas for leatherworking files that you can make at home. If you're a luthier, you often need to build specialty tools, including different kinds of files. Our builds include fret beveling files and many other different kinds of files that are useful for luthiers and those building their own musical instruments.
If you want to build your own filing machine, take a look at the different homemade filing machines our members have submitted. We also have different ideas for miniature die filers, rasps, scraper filing jigs, piston ring gap filers, nut files, glass files, and sanding files.
Whatever filing job you need to do, if you want to build the tools yourself, you'll find all of the project ideas you need right here on HomemadeTools.net.
Newest Forum Posts
- Boeing 737 towbar - photo by Altair on 2023-12-01 12:56:01
- 192. Template drilling IS drill press drilling by Make Things on 2023-12-01 12:06:56
- Instagram models - GIFs by InstagramBot on 2023-12-01 12:01:01
- Lathe Tool Post Cap by hersch_tool on 2023-12-01 10:38:09
- Sandblasting a bridge girder - GIF by Altair on 2023-12-01 10:27:02
- Heavy Duty Miter Saw Stand by Making Stuff on 2023-12-01 09:21:23
- River trash cleanup system - GIF by Altair on 2023-12-01 08:14:01
- Ceiling leak catcher - photo by Hoosiersmoker on 2023-12-01 06:20:48
- Harbor Freight solar power station - video by NeiljohnUK on 2023-12-01 06:17:03
- Printing remote control button icons - GIF by Altair on 2023-12-01 06:07:02