Homemade Filing Tools (41)
Homemade Filing Tools
HomemadeTools.net's filing category is the perfect place to find many different kinds of filing tools, filing machines, file cleaners, homemade file handles, file storage tricks, as well as specific types of files for knifemaking, leatherworking, gunsmithing, chainsawing, and luthiery work.
Are you looking for a unique or upcycled file handle? If so, take a look at the various ideas and builds we have for making your own file handles. Our projects include file handles made from dowels, CO2 cartridge file handles, and many other options.
Need a reliable inexpensive tool for cleaning your files? You can find DIY file cleaning devices right here, including homemade brushes for cleaning files, and even file cleaners made from wood blocks.
Maybe you just need a safe and accessible method for storing your existing files. Browse through our builds for ideas on storing files in various different racks, and even using T-tracks for file storage.
Are you a knifemaker? We have various filing options for shopbuilt knifemaking tools to help support your knifemaking hobby. Look through our builds for examples of knifemaking file guides, as well as knife filing and sanding fixtures. For gunsmithing hobbyists, our filing builds even include ideas for sight lowering files.
Chainsaw users always need good files. For filing your chain's teeth, our build ideas include projects for chainsaw file guides as well as chainsaw filing clamps.
Do you need a file for a specific hobby, and you don't want to buy an expensive fancy new one? For leatherworkers, we have ideas for leatherworking files that you can make at home. If you're a luthier, you often need to build specialty tools, including different kinds of files. Our builds include fret beveling files and many other different kinds of files that are useful for luthiers and those building their own musical instruments.
If you want to build your own filing machine, take a look at the different homemade filing machines our members have submitted. We also have different ideas for miniature die filers, rasps, scraper filing jigs, piston ring gap filers, nut files, glass files, and sanding files.
Whatever filing job you need to do, if you want to build the tools yourself, you'll find all of the project ideas you need right here on HomemadeTools.net.
Newest Forum Posts
- Barbed wire fence tightening tool - GIF by Altair on 2022-12-01 12:56:02
- Instagram models - GIFs by InstagramBot on 2022-12-01 12:01:01
- Manually clearing road of snakes - GIF by Altair on 2022-12-01 10:27:01
- Mine blast dust suppression trucks - GIF by Altair on 2022-12-01 08:14:01
- Storage Cubbords by kb4mdz on 2022-12-01 06:07:14
- Ladder jack scaffold - GIF by Altair on 2022-12-01 06:07:01
- Shortening screws by thehomeengineer on 2022-12-01 05:48:12
- 72. Easy fix for chip outs and gouges (shorts tip) by Make Things on 2022-12-01 05:01:01
- Massive storm surge washes away homes - GIF by IntheGroove on 2022-12-01 03:01:55
- World's highest water slide - photo by Drew1966 on 2022-11-30 23:29:49