Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: [Portuguese] - Aproveitamento de componentes em equipamento velho

Thanks

Serra Cabo's Tools

[Portuguese] - Aproveitamento de componentes em equipamento velho

Olá a todos

Playlist com vídeos acerca do desmantelamento de vários equipamentos para aproveitamento de alguns componentes:

Playlist about a JunkChallenge.

Abraço a todos, Serra Cabo

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serra Cabo For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Nov 18, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Thank you Serra Cabo.
    Moments ago I commented elsewhere [HMT] teaching skills is a responsibility. Even with my ignorance of Portuguese, the opening text on safety can be interpreted loosely; batteries, residual energy, flying springs etc, thereby an interesting quarter-hour of viewing. I haven't broken anything down to cannibalize recently but the considerations are still relevant. And gave me ideas on secondary usage in certain tools; redistributing idle ones to be utilized.

2000 Tool Plans
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Serra Cabo's Tools
    Hi, Toolmaker51

I apologise for my delayed answer.

Indeed, the opening sequence is a warning to the guys that see electronics as just glamorous. Please note that my mains voltage is 230VAC. I will try to translate:

These works include a very probable risk of electrocution by, among others, the occurrence of deadly heart attacks. If you think that will never happen to you you should dedicate to "renda de bilros" -

Short circuits of substantial magnitude, intentional or not, including (as example) batteries, may result in the projection of incandescent and/or molten metal that will produce heavy skin burns and fire in the shop. Special care must be observed in what concerns eye protection. You must wear glasses.

Special care must be taken during welding operations because of molten solder projection. If you don't know how to work with a soldering iron you should learn it first or take care of conch training instead.

======================

The next time I will dismantle printers I will also keep the small spring that, meanwhile, I found out to be very difficult to find out when we need them.

I live in Portugal and I don't know whet will happen after the new proposed EU directive about all sort of social content. If things turn the wrong way (as the proposal announces) I may well start to publish in English through some sort of VPN. It is a petty because there is not much in Portuguese and there are many excellent English spoken channels already.

Regards
    Serra Cabo (project name, not my real name)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra Cabo View Post
    Hi, Toolmaker51

I apologise for my delayed answer.

Indeed, the opening sequence is a warning to the guys that see electronics as just glamorous. Please note that my mains voltage is 230VAC. I will try to translate:
    There's a chuckle regarding apologies this time of year...'our' side of the Atlantic we'd never realize a time lapse. We are recovering from Tryptophan overdoses ingested with holiday turkey dinners! The same group has innocent bystanders who binged MST3K [They know who they are!] right along with us!

Yes about electronics, even it's grandparent electricity. I limit exposure to questionable work 100%; though competent in collecting information and procedures to accomplish what I can. There is a big space demanding wireway, transformers, disconnects, conductors, drop cords, conductors, 2 arrays of lighting [277 & 110] and standard outlets. We are single phase 110v/220v 60Hz in residences but the space has 440v 3ph supply; mathematics logic says be 4 times as careful.

Like MeJasonT says "Smoke makes electronics work, if it escapes the equipment breaks. Got to keep the smoke in." I figure whatever element of smoke I contain, has to stay inside too.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanks for the vid! I don't know if my father is a true sportsman. He does not want to know anything about https://nutgatherers.com. Believe me or not, but he's not a sportsman anymore.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by perrymason; Dec 20, 2018 at 06:45 AM.

Thread Information