Years ago I had several of these that I had bought well today I called half a dozen tool outlets and none of them stocked anything near to the size I needed.
So first off locate a suitable USA made doner socket
Next was to cut away everything that I didn't need and grind any rust from the build area using my chop saw.
Next was to locate a sacrificial object to protect the 1/2" drive. I found a small thin square nut for this.
Next was to use my mig welder like a 3d printer LOL
after quenching the weldement was too hard to be file cut. So it was my hands and the chop saw that became the tooling grinder
it worked great in the very confined area. I had to use a hand held impact driver and a 4 lb hammer to break the plug valves loose but about 20 minutes swing the hammer as hard s I could the plugs finally came loose
Never try to tell me it can't be done
When I have to paint I use http://kbs.justoldtrucks.com/
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)