Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 123 block attachment kit - video

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,860 Times in 11,343 Posts

123 block attachment kit - video

123 block attachment hardware kit. Hat tip to mklotz for finding this video. The attachment hardware kit mentioned is available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/123-Blocks-At...dp/B09V44FB6M/ . 6:13 video:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

johncg (Apr 24, 2023), mklotz (Apr 20, 2023), nova_robotics (Apr 20, 2023), piper184 (Apr 20, 2023), Ralphxyz (Apr 22, 2023), Sleykin (Apr 22, 2023), Tule (Apr 24, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,398 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    The metalworking fora are rife with folks complaining about tools broken while trying to drill or tap 1-2-3 blocks so they can be connected with fasteners. This idea provides a simple, yet elegant, work around that solves the problem without the need to modify the blocks.

I'm mad at myself for not having thought of this approach myself. It's a perfect example of form-follows-function design.

2000 Tool Plans
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    I bought these some months ago.

Taylor Tools sells it's products on it's own site: https://taytools.com/collections/123-block

and - these are cheaper on the Taylor site than Amazon!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,398 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJohn View Post

Taylor Tools sells it's products on it's own site: https://taytools.com/collections/123-block

The cheapest shipping to LA they offer is $8 which brings the total to $18. Amazon is $15 with free shipping on orders over $25.
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloJohn View Post

Amazon includes shipping, though, it's cheaper than direct from Taylor. Win a little here, lose a little there.

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    The cheapest shipping to LA they offer is $8 which brings the total to $18. Amazon is $15 with free shipping on orders over $25.
    If you have to get over $25 on amazon, that would be two orders for $30 and $28 direct from Taylor Tools. I have more than one set of 123 blocks, so I ordered more than one set.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    I never buy from Amazon unless I cannot get it from a better source. Even if it cost a couple of bucks more. I am not rich, but I prefer to support smaller businesses.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hemmjo For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Apr 20, 2023), metric_taper (Apr 20, 2023)

Thanks

metric_taper's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    I never buy from Amazon unless I cannot get it from a better source. Even if it cost a couple of bucks more. I am not rich, but I prefer to support smaller businesses.
    They refuse to honor keyword search, making it difficult to find what I'm looking for. And if you click on lowest price first, all sorts of crap not related to the search comes up. Sadly, eBay is working toward this same model thinking if you have to sort through lots of stuff, you will buy more.

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by metric_taper View Post
    They refuse to honor keyword search, making it difficult to find what I'm looking for. And if you click on lowest price first, all sorts of crap not related to the search comes up. Sadly, eBay is working toward this same model thinking if you have to sort through lots of stuff, you will buy more.
    I often find them aggravating as all get out, but there is no-one else here in my area that delivers parts and materials to my door. Except eBay. Steve's Wholesale Tool, my favorite place to spend my tool money, is going out of business. Been buying my tooling there, when I can, for 27 years now. Unfortunately for me, they seldom carry stuff for machinists. And I've been having trouble finding small taps and dies there for the past few years. I just ordered from Amazon 4-40 taps, die, and a tap & drill set, for delivery tomorrow. IF They deliver as promised. Not something they're very good at anymore, either. But Steve's hasn't had them in stock when I was there for the past couple or three years. And I need them now.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I used to buy quite a lot on eBay, but over the past few years have found Amazon to be cheaper for most things. I almost always check both sources along with others, Amazon wins about 80% of the time. Like others have said though, Amazon's search "feature" is abysmal! Worst search function ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post

Thread Information