Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: 1962 English Electric Lightning F1 crash - photo

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Aug 19, 2020), baja (Aug 19, 2020), dubbby (Aug 19, 2020), n9dug (Aug 22, 2020), Scotty12 (Aug 18, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Aug 18, 2020), Tule (Aug 19, 2020)

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    https://www.solway-aviation-museum.c..._id=105&page=2
    Its like having my own personal airport to play in.

I have been a member of the museum for 30+ years now and occasionally get to take things apart (much to the amusement of others)

The Lightening at the museum had been used over the desert in Iraq during the first gulf war/Iran-Iraq war for reconnaissance. When it arrived at the museum after being decommissioned we found that the camera still contained film. The film was surrendered to the RAF as it may have contained information not for public view. it turned out there was nothing of significance and we were sent the film back. Its a real favourite of mine amongst the assortment of aircraft we have at the museum, to think its nothing more than having a jet engine strapped to the pilots arse. One of these days we will get back inside the cockpit, when it was transported they had cut through hydraulic lines to remove the wings. No pressure no canopy lift.

This photo is an absolute stonker it has been in my collection for years, I used it for a display i put together for the Martin Baker Ejector Seat
    The museum also has a nice selection of Sir Martins seats including one from a Tornado Mk10A and a MK6 out of a Pucara jet which was riveted with machine gun fire during the Falklands conflict. nice row of holes right up the seat (no inocent airmen were hurt in the persuit of this display) Airfield Port Stanley

Mk3
    1962 English Electric Lightning F1 crash - photo-b3bebb00fb6a2caf156b59e95952c930.jpg

Mk10
    1962 English Electric Lightning F1 crash - photo-eject10.jpg

https://martin-baker.com/products/mk6-ejection-seat/

2000 Tool Plans
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    The amazing thing is the international use of the ejector seat.
    Hostile and friendly nations alike all have access the the seats, its not as if China would be told no you cant have them or whoever isnt flavour of the month this month.
    There is a club for ejectees who have a gathering every now and then to celebrate their debt of gratitude to the company and the chair, The members get a tie to represent their membership of this elite group.

https://martin-baker.com/ejection-tie-club/

Its strange having respect for pilots who have ejected but i do. the alternative would be a rubber chicken and a pair of Kalvin Kleins.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thread Information