Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: 1977 Alpine A110 Meyrignac concept car - photos

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Jan 11, 2022), yvonf (Jan 12, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    I like it. It's like if a Lamborghini Countach and a Lancia Stratos had a baby.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

mlochala (Jan 12, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Jan 19, 2022), yvonf (Jan 12, 2022)

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    Good analogy! The Countach is my all time favorite.

I like this, except for those strange doors. It also has sort of an early Vector W2 meets Lotus Esprit S1 vibe to it as well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mlochala For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Jan 12, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    Yeh, probably be good when it grows up.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old kodger For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 19, 2022), nova_robotics (Jan 12, 2022)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mlochala View Post
    Good analogy! The Countach is my all time favorite.

I like this, except for those strange doors. It also has sort of an early Vector W2 meets Lotus Esprit S1 vibe to it as well.
    It has doors? I wonder how fast it goes. My uncle used to build racing go karts not much smaller than that thing. Up to 180HP, though they didn't have nearly the fancy body. No body at all, in fact. This is all I can find about him, now: https://www.vroomkart.com/news/35102...r-allan-meyers

I worked for him for a few weeks when it was Meyers Speed Shop, just before I went on active duty with the Air Force. I bet he'd think it was pretty cool.

Bill

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WmRMeyers For This Useful Post:

mlochala (Jan 13, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Jan 19, 2022), nova_robotics (Jan 12, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    It has doors? I wonder how fast it goes. My uncle used to build racing go karts not much smaller than that thing. Up to 180HP, though they didn't have nearly the fancy body. No body at all, in fact.
    There's a company that's been somewhat successful in turning that into a business.

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    There's a company that's been somewhat successful in turning that into a business.
    Uncle Walt was a great engine man, from what I understand, but he was no kind of business man. You may have noticed the line about handshake deals? He wasn't good about paperwork or details. I know there was a time when my aunt kept his kids fed selling tupperware and avon. OTH, one of his karts, IIRC, did somewhere around 240mph. I don't know about later, but when I was building them, late September and early to mid-October of 73, he was using 90HP McCulloch chainsaw motors that he'd modified. Two of them on the real racing karts. I know we sold two of the karts to Lee Michaels just before I left to go in the Air Force. I don't know if they were the racing karts, though.
    It was fun. My brother and I were doing a bunch of the scut work to get the frames ready to paint. This is where I learned to use a spray bottle of muriatic acid to strip rust from steel, and that a nylon shirt wasn't a good thing to wear around an arc welder. First week we were there, we doubled production. 2nd week we did it again. Seems to me we did that one more time the third week. I think the other guys who were working for him were glad to see me leave. They had a good thing going and we kinda spoiled it. But Uncle Walt was one of the guys in our life that taught us to throw ourselves into doing whatever we were doing. And we did.

Bill

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WmRMeyers For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 19, 2022), nova_robotics (Jan 12, 2022)

Thread Information