Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 24-Chainsaw powered motorcycle - video and photo

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    All I want to know is how they synced all the carbs and drives, obviously not direct drive? Reduckulous build but could definitely be considered a banshee, once you got through startup.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks

baja's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Am I a total commie for even considering an electric chainsaw for my next saw? Last time I stopped in our local Stihl shop, multiple workers were raving about them.
    I don`t thinks so. I have two, one is a light one for my wife`s projects and mine is a 4 HP McCulloch that I don`t use much because my firewood processing area is out of reach of electricity without transporting a generator back there. On a cautionary note, I purchased the original McCulloch several years ago when I was given permission to cut mesquite along the railroad right of way. It didn`t last long and it took over a year for them to warranty it. I would never buy another McCulloch product.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I have been using an in-line corded Makita on a log stairway. Pros, no fumes inside, quite, gutsy. Con, slow chain speed, makes it hard to "brush" a surface. The makita factory chain is more unpredictable than the stihl saws that i have. This to may be related to the speed of the chain.

As to a multi chain saw engine powered machine makes me feel less lonely. Been dreaming of a tractor powered this way for years. Must have some kind of birth defect.
    Eric

Thanks

baja's Tools
    One item I have come to use exclusively are carbide chains. They outlast a regular chain by far. I cut a cord and a half of oak last fall with the same chain. They are a bit more expensive but well worth the extra bucks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to baja For This Useful Post:

PJs (Dec 14, 2018)

Thanks
    I found the above video disheartening! Some specs would have been nice, like the displacement & hp. rating of each engine & maybe a timed run of the bike, just something to show that is wasn’t a waste of time building it.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information