Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Adjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)

Thanks

bobs409's Tools

Adjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)

Today's project is an adjustable height roller floor stand. (even found a color of Rustoleum I haven't used yet!) I used the same "tapered" post design on this as the vice buddy I made recently due to it's simple and very effective nature. It makes adjustments quick, easy and cannot slip down under load.

I had purchased the roller part from Harbor Freight about 2 life times ago and I'm finally getting around to putting it to use. (not sure if they still sell them) You could easily fabricate one if your going to make this.

I made some "home made" leveling pads for the bottom from carriage bolts and washers that screw into 1/4-20 Rivnuts. (if you don't have Rivnuts in your arsenal, your missing out)

This is made from 1-1/2" x 16 gauge steel square tube and a piece of 1-1/4" that was taper cut for the post. A ball detent pin attaches the leg. Unit folds up for storage. Working height goes from 34 inches to 45!

It's VERY sturdy and with it's swept back design, won't tip over while in use. Great for band saws, drill presses, an extension for a work table or weld table or whatever!

Adjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-1r.jpgAdjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-2r.jpgAdjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-3r.jpg
    Adjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-4r.jpgAdjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-5r.jpgAdjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-6r.jpg
    Adjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-7r.jpgAdjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-8r.jpgAdjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-9r.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adjustable height roller floor stand (w/tapered post)-1a.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by bobs409; Feb 2, 2020 at 08:59 AM. Reason: pictures in wrong order

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bobs409 For This Useful Post:

clydeman (Feb 9, 2020), Jon (Feb 2, 2020), Paul Jones (Feb 4, 2020), Rangi (Feb 8, 2020), verticalmurph (Feb 3, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks bobs409! We've added your Adjustable Roller Stand to our Dollies and Stands category,
    as well as to your builder page: bobs409's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Feb 4, 2020)

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 406 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    Very useful and well made

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehomeengineer For This Useful Post:

bobs409 (Feb 2, 2020), MeJasonT (Feb 4, 2020)

Thread Information