Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Air cargo storage shed

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by funforall 69 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what a shipping container would cost ? I would like to put one on my property if I could get the proper permit...sooo much stuff, and not enough room.
    A couple of questions: - where do you hail from, and are you talking about air freight containers or sea freight containers?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Here in N. California they used to run about $1800-$2400 for 20' units. Not sure about ther 40' units because I never priced them. I say used to because covid got everything all balled up. Shipping dropped off due to reduced demand and the Chinese stopped making new ones so prices went way up. I eventually settled on a single use 20' unit for $5,000, i.e., one that made only one trip from China before being sold to me. Paint is good, doors open easily, and all I needed to do was slap on a padlock. It will eventually become my new shop.You'll find better prices buying from individuals but then you'll have to figure out how to transport it. I chose the 20' unit because when I move I can simply call my local towing service and they can winch it onto their flatbed.

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information