Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Average Bear

Thanks

Average Bear

Just an average guy interested in learning as much as possible about so many things. Mostly woodworking but love to learn other things as well. Have built everything from jewelry boxes, home made tools, piano benches, kitchen cabinets, sheds, garages, Christmas presents, etc.

But the project I need to build now is a saw guard for a Trade Master 10" table saw. So if anyone has plans for such a project I would appreciate them. Thanks and I'm excited to be part of HomeMadeTools.net
    Average Bear-img_0160.jpg Average Bear-img_0213.jpg Average Bear-img_0225.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Average Bear-img_0275.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstraughan@gmail.com View Post
    Just an average guy interested in learning as much as possible about so many things. Mostly woodworking but love to learn other things as well. Have built everything from jewelry boxes, home made tools, piano benches, kitchen cabinets, sheds, garages, Christmas presents, etc.

But the project I need to build now is a saw guard for a Trade Master 10" table saw. So if anyone has plans for such a project I would appreciate them. Thanks and I'm excited to be part of HomeMadeTools.net
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	503.8 KB 
ID:	17690 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	495.0 KB 
ID:	17691 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0225.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	477.5 KB 
ID:	17692
    After years YouTube use for the most obscure things, I recommend searching YouTube (or Google for that matter) for what you're looking for.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hopefully you have the metal plate that came with the saw. If not, lay a piece of plywood on top of the saw, and trace the opening from underneath. Cut it out with a jigsaw, and fine tune to fit. Keep as a pattern. You will need more made, dado set etc. Partimer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Partimer For This Useful Post:

Jon (Apr 30, 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Partimer View Post
    Hopefully you have the metal plate that came with the saw. If not, lay a piece of plywood on top of the saw, and trace the opening from underneath. Cut it out with a jigsaw, and fine tune to fit. Keep as a pattern. You will need more made, dado set etc. Partimer
    I have made a few zero clearance inserts but thanks. The only real [problem is trying to make a good saw guard. I would also like to see if there is any way to make a riving knife (rides up and down with the blade) but it is an older construction saw not a good cabinet saw, so unlikely, unless there is a genius out there.

Thanks
    Haven't been fortunate enough to find one that would work with this saw.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information