The holiday season is upon us and work upon my sailboat has been temporarily put on hold due to snow and ice. SO……this week’s project in a “balance bike” for toddlers.

I designed and built the balance bike in this video. I have also drawn 4 sheets of plans if anyone would care to build one as a Christmas gift for a friend or relative. The plans are drawn for use of regular wood working tools, but I will also share the CNC files on the Inventables X-Carve web site.

The wheels I used are solid 10” wheels from Harbor Freight. The hardware consists of commonly available nuts, washers and bolts from any hardware store.

NEW! I provided measurements on the plans in BOTH – Metric & Imperial. You can download the plans free in pdf format from my Patreon page without being a subscriber (I made these plans available to the public so a subscription isn’t necessary): https://www.patreon.com/DowneastThunder

This little bike is “badass” and any little kid will want to have one. Start making yours today (most people can build it in a weekend).

Stay up to date! Follow me on my new Instagram account: You’ll find me on Instagram as Downeastthundersailor

Here's the video: