Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bandsaw space saver

Thanks

Steved53's Tools
    Thanks JRock

I thought it would be OK, I did drill a couple of oil holes that should help it move. I also had to take of the main spring so it's a bit heavy to lift. Perhaps fit I'll some weights and pulleys on the wall.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steved53 For This Useful Post:

JRock (Dec 24, 2018), PJs (Dec 22, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Steved53! We've added your Bandsaw Mount Modification to our Storage and Organization category,
    as well as to your builder page: Steved53's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Steved53;123468]Hi all

I haven't posted for a while having just moved house with all the work that entails ( Boarding loft, re-roofing garage, building shed and carport, dog-escape proofing the garden etc etc.)

Unfortunately I now only have an 8ft x 16ft garage so space is at a premium. My bandsaw was eating up a lot of floorspace so I decided to modify it to fit on top a tool storage filing cabinet. I tried various things and found that the best way was to extend the pivot pin to fit a fabricated frame that allowed the top frame and vice bed to pivot about a common axis.

Your saw looks like the generic Chinese Harbor Freight, Chicago Electric, etc. I have the Harbor Freight model I got about 15 years ago.
    I since replaced the sheet metal base and legs with wood one also replaced the starting capacitor the on off switch just went last week . I was thinking about using it for profiling knife blades, but I think the blade is too wide.
    Are there thinner (1/4") blades available for this model?

Thanks

Steved53's Tools
    [QUOTE=meyer77;171136]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steved53 View Post
    Hi all

Your saw looks like the generic Chinese Harbor Freight, Chicago Electric, etc. I have the Harbor Freight model I got about 15 years ago.
    I since replaced the sheet metal base and legs with wood one also replaced the starting capacitor the on off switch just went last week . I was thinking about using it for profiling knife blades, but I think the blade is too wide.
    Are there thinner (1/4") blades available for this model?
    Hi
    Mine is a Ferm saw sold by Screwfix here in UK. Made in eastern Europe somewhere. My blades are 64 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. I found that to cut tighter curves than about 3 inch radius I needed to cut in from the side up to the line at small intervals, then cut along the line removing the bits. You can get close, but still need to clean up with a file .

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information