Scotsman Hosie (Jul 14, 2019)
Here is a warning from personal experience 40 years ago.
I had a car battery on charge in the workshop, lead acid type.
I was using an angle grinder putting out a rooster tail of sparks as usual. This was in a large open and near empty workshop so I was not paying much attention to where the sparks were going. I had only been working for a short while before there was a loud explosion.
The battery was outgassing hydrogen and when the spark trail went near the battery - BOOM. Acid everywhere, I was far enough away not to be sprayed and being an empty shop there was nothing else damaged. Very lucky, but it could have been very different.
Spread the word - don't grind or weld near batteries especially when on charge.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)