Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Belt Grinder Cart Made from Harbor Freight Tool Chest

Thanks

Chips O'Tool's Tools

Belt Grinder Cart Made from Harbor Freight Tool Chest

I can't get enough of those Harbor Freight tool chests. I made two welding carts out of them, and now I've made a cart for two belt grinders.

I have an Oregon Blade Maker 2x72 grinder with a 3-HP motor, and because I didn't want to spend money on a NEMA 4 VFD, I took an old VFD and put it in a box. There is a two-way jack that connects the VFD inside the box with the VFD remote control panel mounted on the grinding cart. The VFD enclosure is the grey box in the picture.

The other grinder is a Delta 1x72 I got on Craigslist. I hooked it up to a treadmill motor.

The attachment I fabricated will hold 5 tool arms, although the lowest holder can only hold a very short arm.

The top is 3/4" plywood painted with Kilz 2 and Rust-Oleum tractor and farm implement paint in John Deere green. There are T-nuts under the wood to hold the screws.

I can shove belts in the big top drawer, but I may weld up a belt rack for the other end of the cart.

I plan to build some kind of support for a shallow pan to catch sparks coming from the big grinder.

Belt Grinder Cart Made from Harbor Freight Tool Chest-09-03-22-belt-grinder-cart-harbor-freight-tool-chest-fab-done-small.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips O'Tool For This Useful Post:

Scotty1 (Sep 5, 2022)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Chips O'Tool! We've added your Belt Grinder Stand to our Dollies and Stands category,
    as well as to your builder page: Chips O'Tool's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information