Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Best selling car in every country - photo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Oct 14, 2021), nova_robotics (Oct 17, 2021), rlm98253 (Oct 13, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Strange how they lump in pickups suv's and cross overs as cars.
    Ford no longer even makes cars except for the mustang

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Oct 14, 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Strange how they lump in pickups suv's and cross overs as cars.
    Ford no longer even makes cars except for the mustang
    theres also a van the toyota hiace
    ford do appear to make cars still, if i go on their site they have the fiesta, focus, torneo,eco sport, puma,kuga, Mondeo, mustang, thats quite a few cars mate...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vortexwizard For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by vortexwizard View Post
    theres also a van the toyota hiace
    ford do appear to make cars still, if i go on their site they have the fiesta, focus, torneo,eco sport, puma,kuga, Mondeo, mustang, thats quite a few cars mate...
    maybe some of their line up in some countries may still include a few "cars" with Ford badges on them, but here is the current available line up for the USA
    https://shop.ford.com/showroom/?link...mp=hp-showbb#/
    The sad thing is the diesel models of vehicles like the Fiesta were never offered here in the USA. 90% of the super high fuel mileage vehicles around the world were never allowed to be sold in the USA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Frank,
    Funny, that...maybe oil industry interest? Here in AUS, Euro style diesel took off bigtime around 2010, first in Utes and large SUVs and passengers cars and small SUVs later. My 2011 Nissan Pathfinder TI 550 sports body on frame Navarra chassis with Renault V9X V-6 3.0TD with 7spd Jatco Auto. The wife's got a Kia Sportage platinum with 2.0 I4 TD with 6spd Auto. Hers uses about 6.5 litre/100km (36mpg), combined, and mine, 9.5 litre/100km (25mpg0, not bad for a 5500lb vehicle, and I find the driveability much better than the petrol cars I've driven in my lifetime...Cheers

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Beserkleyboy View Post
    Frank,
    Funny, that...maybe oil industry interest? Here in AUS, Euro style diesel took off bigtime around 2010, first in Utes and large SUVs and passengers cars and small SUVs later. My 2011 Nissan Pathfinder TI 550 sports body on frame Navarra chassis with Renault V9X V-6 3.0TD with 7spd Jatco Auto. The wife's got a Kia Sportage platinum with 2.0 I4 TD with 6spd Auto. Hers uses about 6.5 litre/100km (36mpg), combined, and mine, 9.5 litre/100km (25mpg0, not bad for a 5500lb vehicle, and I find the driveability much better than the petrol cars I've driven in my lifetime...Cheers
    Once while vacationing in Spain I rented a VW Polo diesel 6sp manual it seemed like I could drive forever on a tank of fuel. then another time I rented the same model but petrol 6sp manual what a disappointment, sure it got better mileage than anything comparable in size in the US but horrible compared to the diesel.
    New diesel pickups here now barely eek out a few MPG over the gasoline models. And diesel fuel now in many places is more expensive than mid grade petrol.
    What that all boils down to though, is the poly tik'ers and the enviro Nazi's pushing their agendas. Every time the auto manufactures manage to improve efficacies there will be a host of new regs, and mandated reformulations of the fuels. which lower the mileages.
    I know a guy in Oklahoma, an immigrant from the Ukraine who can take nearly any late model vehicle and tune it to have close to 50% more power and double the fuel mileage at the same time but it will not meet some of the emissions standards according to how they set the standards. But you will never convince me that burning half the fuel is going to be polluting more

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Oct 15, 2021)

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Too Right, my hip pocket engineering degree (I actually started an engineering degree at UC Berkeley, but after looking at the very square instructors, I bailed after 2 1/2 years, and went into the famiyl timber business), can't make that work either. My first diesel was in one of our timber yard delivery trucks, an 85 F350, with a long wheelbase an 9' bed. It had the 6.9l Ford/ IH diesel and an AUTO! trans. With a big, nearly 2 ton load, you could just take your foot of the brake and it would idle away...fell in love with torque right then, and love the torque I get out of the current rig. ECU tuning is a big deal down here, and any diesel shop worth it's salt, performs them. I could use a bit more when towing the 2.5 tonne caravan, but it costs $1500. They play with injector pressure and squirt timing, but claim equal or slightly better mileage with 20% power and torque gain...emissions, well, fortunately we don't have emissions checks in AUS, but a LOT of wind...cheers

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information