Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: big howdy from kansas

Thanks

big howdy from kansas

Howdy all, thanks for letting join your forum. Seams like I am all way fixing some thing. Always needing a tool I do not have. The other I was putting new front wheel bearings on my Goldwing. I had to have and expanding bearing
    puller. They want 69.00 for one. I can not afford that much for a tool I might use one time. So I went to my metal rack and found a piece of rebar 5/8 inch. The inside on bearing size. I sawed down middle about 1 1/2 inches.
    then put though bearing, drove chisel in end to spread it and make a tight fit. Then drove bearing out with sledge hammer. Then drove other side out with a piece of brass after I removed the spacer. Hope this will help some body else. again thank you.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi mike hansuld,

Welcome!

Modern wheel bearings can be a pain. Give me the old-fashioned ones in my '69 Bonnie any day! When you have a moment, take a look at our Motorcycle category. I bet you'll find one or two (or 500+) useful tools in there...

If you've got a photo of your bearing tool, we'd love to see it. Please share it (along with any of your other homemade tools) directly in the Homemade Tools subforum. We'll add each one to the database, as well as to your builder page on the site.

Non-tool items should be posted in the Not a Tool, but Homemade subforum.

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information