Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Biphasic Cuirass Ventilation prototype Help greatly needed tin foil hats

Thanks

Fixitfrank's Tools

Cool Biphasic Cuirass Ventilation prototype Help greatly needed tin foil hats

Hi all,Ive adjusted my tinfoil lined hat and am offering this solution to the world. Stay Healthy or this is your Fate

prebuild

any advice greatly appretiated( after u stop laughing)

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fixitfrank For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Mar 31, 2020), Jon (Mar 29, 2020), rgsparber (Mar 29, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 650 Posts

rgsparber's Tools
    Fixitfrank,

I commend you for your inginuity. However, from a medical standpoint, there are a few problems. The first is that people in need of a ventilator suffering from COVID-19 need presurized air into their lungs. This air must be rich in oxygen and the pressure carefully regulated.

From what I have read, Biphasic Cuirass Ventilation acts on the chest by raising and lowering the air pressure which indirectly moves the diaphram. This works fine if the lungs are healthy but the diaphram muscles have failed.

I see your machine as being similar to CPR. If you don't try it, the person will die. So there is nothing to lose and a life to gain. But if the person is avoiding proper medical care because they think this machine will save them, it has done harm.

Bottom line - I don't know if this is a good or bad project.

Rick

2000 Tool Plans
    Rick

Thanks

Fixitfrank's Tools
    Hi rick,
    I hear what your concerns are. I definitely would not use this unless there were no other options. I am a 50 plus adult with asthma so my chances are a little less than I would prefer. My main thought was by the time people are put on a respirator they are not going in a great direction. Also a respirator is probably about as good as the tech running it. My main thought is that if many were able to get help breathing aka more oxygen ,deeper breaths. I realize this is a windmill but me and my sidekick on our donkeys will not be swayed. Also if you build this fire it up and don’t go to the doctor, it is my thought that chuck Darwin had something. Stay healthy Fixitfrank

Thanks
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 650 Posts

rgsparber's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixitfrank View Post
    Hi rick,
    I hear what your concerns are. I definitely would not use this unless there were no other options. I am a 50 plus adult with asthma so my chances are a little less than I would prefer. My main thought was by the time people are put on a respirator they are not going in a great direction. Also a respirator is probably about as good as the tech running it. My main thought is that if many were able to get help breathing aka more oxygen, deeper breaths. I realize this is a windmill but me and my sidekick on our donkeys will not be swayed. Also if you build this fire it up and don’t go to the doctor, it is my thought that chuck Darwin had something. Stay healthy Fixitfrank
    Fixitfrank,

I look forward to seeing your completed prototype. Saving a life with a homemade tool would require Jon to come up with a new, ultra-top award.

I wish you the best of success plus to stay physically and mentally healthy.

Rick

Thanks
    Fixitfrank,

I won't enter into any discussion as to the utility of your solution, but can't you use the cranking motion provided by the dough hook? The only difference is the orientation of its movement which has no bearing (no pun intended) on the reciprocal movement you are incorporating. Plus, you'd be using less materials.

Also, those handy bowl hooks may become useful to help support your machine.

Good luck!

JoeVanGeaux

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information