Quote Originally Posted by tonyfoale View Post
I use pencil and paper. It is a well proven programme with few bugs and there is no problem with incompatible file formats. It is a method equally at home with 3D, 2D or 1D. It is quick to learn and quick to use. There are no upgrade costs, nor annual maintenance contracts. Admittedly some of the youth have a little bit of a problem coming to grips with the unfamiliar GUI but the geriatric class take to it like a duck to water. Truly cross platform, it works the same whether you use Windoze, DOS, CP/M, Prolog, Linux or Mac on your computer.
That's actually where I started in VoTech, when I was much younger (nowhere near your experience, Tony, but not far off; just many, many moons ago). Did it for a few years.

My current problem is my table is in another state, waiting for me to find a home in the state I'm in, and nobody uses paper any more, which is annoying.

I've found that a lot of my simple prints are just easier drawn by hand (as long as I've got graph paper to cheat dimensions), and more complex stuff ends up on my computer (also in aforementioned state).

Thanks for the levity, you have no idea how much it's helping right now with all the craziness going on.