Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Campaign 2020

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools

Lightbulb Campaign 2020

I'm after a forum, designated toward our workspaces: Kicked off with PM to Jon as shown below.
    Frank S's "Took the first step towards building my shop" is pulling a lot of interest. (Jon responded, jDurand's "How Not To Build a House" also does well).
    [body follows]
    Being in same evolution but different stage makes me [us?] desire a distinct forum on layout, shop construction, work at elevated heights, electrical power, material delivery access, equipment locations, leveling, wiring, lighting, air lines, tool storage.......those come to mind quickly. Doubtless there are a couple [aka many] dozen more.
    My drive is posting work like mezzanine being planned, and sift through input for what I've failed to consider. Then onsite generator, heavy machine foundation, re-opening truck dock, closing ceiling, utility supplied electricity, radiant heat, block floors, ad infinitum.
    Old, old Building, New Purpose:
    Hmmmm?

Jon reinforced the idea, essentially posting in Tool Talk, not only air my efforts and process, but stimulate others along the same line. With sufficient participation, he'd add into list of current forums, and move in related earlier posts.
    It would not upset a thing sharing your own areas that are more developed.
    Even finished shops, however rare, are good examples.
    After all Rome wasn't built in a day, still not clear they finished yet.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Jan 7, 2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Directing Traffic......
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    if possible an other work sub forum could be a huge draw for persons who have essentially per-say a non tool project. OK shops are actually tools many may not consider them as tools but if they have ever had to work outside in the rain or snow or blazing heat they soon realize just how important a tool a simple lean-to or a tent or a room within their house become a very important tool. the interiors of same are tools as well a closet is "what?", it is a volume of enclosed space where things are stored or the space could be used as a dark room or a controlled environmental testing faciality or a hose of other things. A mezzanine normally thought of as a mere addition of storage space. However I built a pre engineered building once where I installed over 50 tons of extrusion and injection molding equipment. Even mounted one machine on the roof of the building because I required a machine to make 10 meter long roll formed extrusions. Rather than doing this in the horizontal plane requiring an elaborately precise run off table with guides or conveyor rollers I chose to modify the machine to operate in the vertical plane since the roof was 16 meters above the ground floor and the mezzanine was 8 meters this allowed me to construct a machine at the edge which would grasp the product then rotate it to horizontal and lower it to an awaiting transport preventing damage to the finished product net floor area savings of more than a dozen sq meters when the elevating rotator was in the at reast position it merely hung off the edge of the mezzanine and was locked in place by one end by the structure of the roof.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Jan 7, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    if possible an other work sub forum could be a huge draw for persons who have essentially per-say a non tool project. OK shops are actually tools many may not consider them as tools but if they have ever had to work outside in the rain or snow or blazing heat they soon realize just how important a tool a simple lean-to or a tent or a room within their house become a very important tool. <snipped> to construct a machine at the edge which would grasp the product then rotate it to horizontal and lower it to an awaiting transport preventing damage to the finished product net floor area savings of more than a dozen sq meters when the elevating rotator was in the at reast position it merely hung off the edge of the mezzanine and was locked in place by one end by the structure of the roof.
    Yeah, what he said. I take that as a vote in favor of!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information