Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car crushed after overtaking between vehicles - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,236 Times in 9,716 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

carloski (Oct 27, 2021), EnginePaul (Nov 1, 2021), nova_robotics (Oct 28, 2021), Rangi (Oct 31, 2021), suebob (Oct 28, 2021)

The desolate ranch country of Northeastern corner of New Mexico, USA
    Thanks

IAMSatisfied's Tools
    The old saying certainly applies in this instance: "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." And the driver of the red car was an absolute "behind".

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IAMSatisfied For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Oct 31, 2021), nova_robotics (Oct 28, 2021), that_other_guy (Oct 28, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 608 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    And two innocent people are punished because of one garbage human being.

I witnessed an accident years ago. Some moron lady pulled a very boneheaded maneuver like this on a truck. 100% her fault. Truck driver still lost his job, and probably blackballed. She then sued him. I had to go to court to give my statement, which ended up being literally the only thing that got the guy off. Small victories though, because his career was still basically over.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Nov 1, 2021), mwmkravchenko (Oct 31, 2021), Rangi (Oct 31, 2021)

Thanks
    Too many idiots in the USA watch NASCAR and Formula 1 and think they can drive like that too - they're idiots. The fool here thought he could pull a Dale Ernhardt Sr. move and ended up getting the "ride of his life" - only in reverse.
    I trust that poor Trucker was able to stop and avoid any complicity in this highway horror. Truckers see it all.

I saw firsthand one day why 18-wheeler trailers often have a sign posted on the back to warn drivers behind that, "Driver Makes Wide Turns." A small foreign car, with passengers in the front and back seats was in a lane between a tractor-trailer and a telephone pole when the wide-turn was initiated. He probably never saw them there. The car got crushed into almost a U-shape and somehow everyone survived. I swear the passenger was sitting on the driver's lap after the "crush-o-matic' was finished. Fortunately, they all survived and crawled through the popped out windshield/rear window and were all sitting on the grass with dazed looks on their faces.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke_of_URL For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Oct 31, 2021)

Thanks

Karl_H's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_URL View Post
    Too many idiots in the USA watch NASCAR and Formula 1 and think they can drive like that too - they're idiots.
    I recall several years ago when JP Montoya switched over to NASCAR, even with several Formula 1 wins to his credit, he had to have the yellow and black "Rookie" sign across the back of his car.

From what we can see on this video, even that warning would not have helped either of the truck drivers.

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    The red car does not have licence plates from the US...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I've lived in worked in several countries and driven in even more countries, When I say that the USA does not have a monopoly on producing idiots.
    It is probably safe to say that if somehow every idiot, ignorant and outright stupid person on the planet suddenly collected their Darwin award the world's population would be so drastically reduced, some of the remaining might start to worry about how to create the so called greenhouse gasses to offset the perceived sudden imbalance in nature. But that would only mean that there were some who escaped the initial cleansing.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

The desolate ranch country of Northeastern corner of New Mexico, USA
    Thanks

IAMSatisfied's Tools
    A friend of mine worked in Saudi Arabia in the 80s and told me that many cars there have had their side mirrors knocked off due to their extremely aggressive driving, narrow streets & close calls. He related that when you are a guest in their home, they were the most gracious & hospitable people he'd ever met, but put them behind the wheel and it's a dog-eat-dog world.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IAMSatisfied For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Oct 31, 2021), Rangi (Oct 31, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMSatisfied View Post
    A friend of mine worked in Saudi Arabia in the 80s and told me that many cars there have had their side mirrors knocked off due to their extremely aggressive driving, narrow streets & close calls. He related that when you are a guest in their home, they were the most gracious & hospitable people he'd ever met, but put them behind the wheel and it's a dog-eat-dog world.
    Not Just in Saudi. It is like that all over the Middle East
    It seems everyone over there has the attitude that no one can be in front of them and if I leave 5 minutes late I can get there 5 minutes early. Drive flat out in the inside lane wait until your exit is almost past, cut perpendicularly across 6 lanes of traffic without slowing down, half miss the exit then cuss the Minister of transportation for having curbs on all of the roadways
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Oct 31, 2021), Rangi (Oct 31, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 608 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Not Just in Saudi. It is like that all over the Middle East
    It seems everyone over there has the attitude that no one can be in front of them and if I leave 5 minutes late I can get there 5 minutes early. Drive flat out in the inside lane wait until your exit is almost past, cut perpendicularly across 6 lanes of traffic without slowing down, half miss the exit then cuss the Minister of transportation for having curbs on all of the roadways
    Years ago I knew a guy from Yemen. He said there were no licenses or road laws of any kind. To the point that there wasn't even a defined SIDE of the road that you drove on. You would just negotiate with your eyes as your were playing chicken with the oncoming driver as to which side you would pass on. If you wanted to drive a car, you would just buy a car and start driving it. He said it was common to write off three or four cars per year.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

Thread Information