Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 500+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Chemical resin anchor - GIF

  1. #1
    Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,930
    Thanks
    1,052
    Thanked 17,200 Times in 5,447 Posts

    173 Best Homemade Tools eBook

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

    durrelltn (Feb 12, 2022), johncg (Feb 9, 2022), nova_robotics (Feb 12, 2022), Sleykin (Feb 9, 2022), Toolmaker51 (Feb 8, 2022)

  3. #2
    Supporting Member desbromilow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 209 Times in 125 Posts

    desbromilow's Tools
    so it looks like the first liquid (applied by syringe) is a light oil to stop the hot glue sticking to the threads, then the "anchor" is essentially hot melt glue. am I seeing this correctly?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to desbromilow For This Useful Post:

    Toolmaker51 (Feb 8, 2022)

  5. #3
    Supporting Member Toolmaker51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    4,413
    Thanks
    6,309
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,641 Posts

    Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by desbromilow View Post
    so it looks like the first liquid (applied by syringe) is a light oil to stop the hot glue sticking to the threads, then the "anchor" is essentially hot melt glue. am I seeing this correctly?
    Apparently, worth some experimentation. After all, what's cheaper than hot glue and handful of screws?
    With few, if any, needing removal, and a lot of brick to drill, this looks real good.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

  6. #4
    Supporting Member Sleykin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Medford, Oregon USA
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    995
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts

    Sleykin's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Apparently, worth some experimentation. After all, what's cheaper than hot glue and handful of screws?
    With few, if any, needing removal, and a lot of brick to drill, this looks real good.
    Around here hot glue melts outside in the summer. Indoors it should be fine.

  7. #5
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Thatís a good idea that I never thought of. Thanks for the idea.

  8. #6
    JeffEck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    JeffEck's Tools
    I wonder if that is a harder hot glue, the stuff I have is rubbery and very flexible....

  9. #7
    Supporting Member bob_3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 65 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffEck View Post
    I wonder if that is a harder hot glue, the stuff I have is rubbery and very flexible....
    There is a variety of glue sticks for various applications.

    https://www.evansadhesive.com/blog/5typesofhotmelt



    173 Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •