Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Cladding falls off an apartment building - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,791 Times in 9,904 Posts

Cladding falls off an apartment building - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (Apr 29, 2020), byates (Apr 28, 2020), dubbby (May 2, 2020), jimfols (Apr 28, 2020), Rangi (Apr 28, 2020), rlm98253 (Apr 28, 2020), Tonyg (Apr 29, 2020), VinnieL (May 2, 2020)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    during my days working in admin in Brisbane, I noticed a very large sheet of cladding hanging by a small section from the COMALCO building near the corner of George St and Ann st the city. If it had broken in the strong winds of the day it could have caused significant loss to life & property. A window in another city centre building fell after it was opened when air con failed. It causet much injury from shrapnel as it exploded on the footpath below. I think there was one loss of life in that incident.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ranald View Post
    during my days working in admin in Brisbane, I noticed a very large sheet of cladding hanging by a small section from the COMALCO building near the corner of George St and Ann st the city. If it had broken in the strong winds of the day it could have caused significant loss to life & property. A window in another city centre building fell after it was opened when air con failed. It causet much injury from shrapnel as it exploded on the footpath below. I think there was one loss of life in that incident.
    High rise building standards in Australia have failed to meet the mark over the last few years,much to the disgrace of the lack of government over site.Why would anybody want to live in these monsters is beyond me. Sydney has some very expensive problems at the moment.
    W

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Post #3 Hi tooly, yes & Bris doesn't get southly busters. The issue was back around 1980 when Bris was great compared to other areas (first to intro cyclone cats after the devastating 74 floods created by king tides combined with a few cyclonic depressions stretching over a few months) I can remember all the probs on the Goldie with steel too close to surface on many high rises resulting in rust then concrete cracking etc etc etc. Tha Comalco bldg was relatively new where the other was in comparison quite old. SHORTCUTS aren't always & seldom effective esp in financial long term.

cheers

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information