Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND

Thanks

natie123's Tools

COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND

I needed a roller stand that would take up the minimum space when not in use and could be adjusted for various machines. The folding roller stand I built is adjustable from 660mm to 900mm and is used with my table saw, band saw and thicknesser-planer. The fixed and folding legs are 25mm square tubing with feet of 32 mm round tubing with rubber stoppers. The sliding part in the fixed leg is 19mm square tubing and the roller was made from 40mm PVC pipe. Discs of 18mm plywood, cut with a hole saw, were pressed into the PVC pipe (one in the middle and one at either end), rotating on an axle of 8mm threaded rod. Flat bar (5 x 25mm) was used to strengthen the sliding “T” and to mount the 8mm axle to the sliding "T". The photos should be self-explanatory, but a PDF file and a .dwg file showing the design and dimensions are also attached. The font of the dimensions in the PDF file is quite small, but can be viewed when zooming in. Consideration was given to making one of the feet adjustable for uneven floors, but in testing I found that my workshop floor is level enough that the rubber stoppers steady the stand adequately.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND-rs1.jpg   COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND-rs2.jpg   COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND-rs3.jpg   COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND-rs4.jpg   COLLAPSIBLE ROLLER STAND-rs5.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to natie123 For This Useful Post:

Altair (Oct 13, 2020), Home-PC (Oct 16, 2020), Jon (Oct 15, 2020), Rangi (Oct 13, 2020), Slim-123 (Oct 14, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,257 Times in 9,724 Posts

Thanks natie123! We've added your Collapsible Roller Stand to our Workholding category,
    as well as to your builder page: natie123's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information