Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Concrete Anchor Breaker/puller

Supporting Member
    Thanks

quezz38's Tools

Concrete Anchor Breaker/puller

Cutting concrete anchors was taking longer than expected to get them flush to the floor, so I made something to snap them off. My first thought (and test) was to put a stack of nuts in a pipe and thread it onto the anchor. This worked, but it takes time to thread into place, and sometimes the anchor can get stuck in the tool. On the junk shelf, I found a drill chuck from a harbor freight drill that had a burnt motor, which was perfect for grabbing onto an anchor quickly, and a piece of 1/2"-20 all thread to match the chuck. 1/2" nuts fit very tightly in a 3/4" pipe, so the chuck was mounted on an 8" piece of 1/2"-20 threaded rod with a nut at the back end to stabilize it, and another nut threaded at the length for the chuck to jam-lock against it. I replaced the chuck with a nut to protect the threads and used a hammer to force it into a 3' section of 3/4" pipe, then threaded on the chuck tightly against the nut.

Concrete Anchor Breaker/puller-qx0y9it.jpgConcrete Anchor Breaker/puller-kajhvke.jpg

With this tool, it only takes a few seconds to grab an anchor and snap it off at the ground.

Concrete Anchor Breaker/puller-w6pcaof.jpgConcrete Anchor Breaker/puller-aiyiywn.jpgConcrete Anchor Breaker/puller-f3qb7ta.jpgConcrete Anchor Breaker/puller-pbvbmvw.jpgConcrete Anchor Breaker/puller-elfoeoy.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to quezz38 For This Useful Post:

baja (Feb 17, 2022), cmarlow (Feb 16, 2022), EnginePaul (Feb 22, 2022), johncg (Feb 17, 2022), Jon (Feb 15, 2022), nova_robotics (Feb 17, 2022), Ralphxyz (Sep 9, 2023), rlm98253 (Feb 16, 2022)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks quezz38! We've added your Concrete Anchor Breaker to our Miscellaneous category,
    as well as to your builder page: quezz38's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information