Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Cordless drill with a cord

Thanks

DIYSwede's Tools
    Cheapness tips:
    Old cordless stuff usually had pretty decent keyed chucks that could come in handy for other projects.
    usually just fixed by a LH screw inside the chuck, then a 3/8-20 RH thread on the axle.
    The trigger set/ motor regulators (would take up to ca 20 Amps) can also be reused for DC motor controls.

As I usually hook these up with ca 6 ft of the fattest DC lo-volt cable I can scrounge, I've seldom had it tangle into things.

2 cents

Johan, "The Swedish Cheapskate"

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    It would work on a Tesla for a millisecond and snap your wheel studs right out of the hub.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Elizabeth Greene's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by kbalch View Post
    My HP color laser printer started squawking about low toner levels a month or so ago. A little investigation revealed that the black is down to about 30%, while the colors are just fine. Replacing the black cartridge alone is going to be ~$80. A full set of cartridges is over $200 - for a sub-$200 printer!
    Back in the 90s HP laser printers were rock solid workhorses. They would print reams of paper without so much as a blip. The brand has declined, i.e. "value engineered", significantly. Today Brother is making the good laser printers. I'm 4 years into mine and my only complaint is I didn't drop the extra $100 to get one with a sheetfed scanner on it.

Edit: I didn't realize I was replying to a 4-year-old post. apologies
    Last edited by Elizabeth Greene; Dec 17, 2023 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Apologizing for thread necromancy

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Elizabeth Greene's Tools
    If you're looking for a reason to dust off your 3d printer, this idea could be adapted. I.e. make a "battery" adapter that fits your tool but has a set of wires hanging out of it that you can connect to an SLA battery or a large power supply.

I like the latter idea. Being able to use my cordless tools as corded tools might be nice on occasion. My leaf blower specifically seems to always run out of oompf before I run out of stuff needing oompfing.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information