Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw 113.23101

Thanks

gatz's Tools

Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw 113.23101

IDK if this is the right place to post this question...if not, mods tell me where to post.

I bought a USED Craftsman "Radio" saw on the cheap. If you're looking for Radio arm saws, CL is the place to go.

No stand, motor runs, and has a regular 10" saw blade. Everything's there, but a complete mess. Rusted parts throughout.
    Must've sat outside for some time as the top board disintegrated like compacted dust.
    But that's OK; I've got a whole different use in mind for this gem.

The riveted-on tag on the frame shows it as model #113.23101 mfg no 8 74 (space as shown)
    I'm looking for a user's manual and/or parts manual.

I've looked all over the 'net and cannot find that particular model. Some close; like 113.23111
    I've also tried looking for a "user's group" for Craftsman saws

The strange thing about this one is that the base where the angle irons are for fastening the top board and its adjustment is triangular in shape; extending from a vertex of sorts at the rear and widening out towards the front.

I'm guessing this is a very early model...maybe the 60's ? It just has that look to it. Nothing fancy. There isn't a rip guide on the arm sides. The top cover is just sheet metal.
    The blade shroud had a 90Ø rubber piece on it. The plastic guard is somewhat narrow and double-jointed.

It looks to be pretty well made though.
    The arm angle lock is at the rear and consists of a lever that engages notches on the column. (Nothing at the front)
    There's a clamp that ensures that the angle setting stays put.
    The elevation is a simple crank at the top of the column; also at the rear. There isn't anything at the lower front either.

I've disassembled most of it, but I can take pictures of the various identifiable parts if that will help.
    Thanks
    gatz

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by gatz; Sep 4, 2021 at 09:46 PM.

Thread Information