Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Curette-ear scoop

Supporting Member Philip Davies's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 342 Posts

Philip Davies's Tools

Curette-ear scoop

Curette-ear scoop-2e7d42db-3100-44ac-a19c-0e974e847fe8.jpeg

This is an ear scoop which is made from a tea-spoon, having mislaid the one I have, which was a properly manufactured one in stainless steel. It came to me in a load of scrap and at first I did not realise what it was. This is not something you would find in UK shops. Using one is not recommended by health professionals, but dry wax in the ear is infuriatingly irritating, especially at night. I could soothe it with a bit of olive oil, but to my mind a cotton wool bud is more likely to result in a visit to Casualty. I doubt I would return home before dawn. I never explained its use to Mrs Davies, so maybe the missing utensil has been tidied into the cutlery drawer.Curette-ear scoop-image.jpg
    To make, I used a blunt centre punch, resting the end of the spoon on a a wooden block, filed it to shape, then an abrasive cone to even out the depression.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Curette-ear scoop-a0b912f1-4147-4c4c-8761-5186995711a5.jpeg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Philip Davies! We've added your Curette to our Miscellaneous category,
    as well as to your builder page: Philip Davies's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information