Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: DEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES

Hybrid View

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools

DEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES

I ordered a few 1911 frames to build target guns for bullseye shooting. Sometimes they don't come deburred on the inside of the frame. I made a small tool from an old bent screwdriver and a 6 flute countersink. Depending on the manufacturer they drill the holes for the pins then machine the slots for the hammer, sear etc., in doing so it leaves a nice burr on the inner sides of the holes. I straightened the screwdriver, used an end mill to bore the hole at the end of the screwdriver then cut the tip off the countersink. I pressed the tip in with some Loctite and cleaned it up a bit. I'm sure many of you guys have this or maybe there is a company that sells these. I just wanted to try it and it does work well for me. I mount the frame in my vice, insert the tool, then use a punch through the opposite side to push directly on the deburr tool. A couple of half turns and I'm good to go. Thanks for looking. Mr Mikey.DEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8238.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8239.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8240.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8242.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8243.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8244.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8250.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8245.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8247.jpgDEBURRING IN TIGHT PLACES-img_8249.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr mikey For This Useful Post:

ductape (Jun 17, 2023), Jon (Jun 22, 2023), nova_robotics (Jun 25, 2023), Philip Davies (Jun 20, 2023), piper184 (Jun 20, 2023)

Thread Information