A nice looking DIY book shelf / end table. A simple weekend welding project. It's a simple project that produces something very useful and nice looking. The legs are 1/2 inch steel tube pieces (from a 50 year old fence). The cross members are 8 pieces of scrap angle iron (welded into 4 pieces). The wood is flooring scrap. It has been tested at 85 kgs (187 lbs). The table is very lightweight, around 10 kgs (20 lbs). It was all done with a stick welding.

Materials:
- Square tube: half inch (1.4mm), thin wall
- Angle iron: 2mm x 1.5 inch
- Feet are stainless steel carriage bolts 3 inch x 1/4 inch with nuts
- Wood is glued composite wood flooring about 3/4 inch thick.

Measurements:
- Summary: I just measured the space I needed to fill.
- From wall to the front of the existing desk.
- Front to back there are 2 measurements, one for the desk top (because of overhang) and one for the lower part of the desk / metal frame.
- 1) The desk top (from front to back). The desk has an overhanging top. The desk top is about 1.5 inches / 2 cms longer than the bottom part of the desk.
- 2) From floor to top of desk. The steel frame has to take into account the thickness of the table top (or it will be too tall). From the total desk height measurement, you have to subtract off the thickness of your top piece (3/4 inch or 2 cms in my case) and the height of the adjustable legs to get the steel frame height (1.5 inches or 3cms ditto).

WARNING: The video depicts acts and work that, if done wrong or used improperly, can lead to injury or death. Always use proper safety procedures and safety equipment. If you don't know, learn first or don't do it.

Re-edit