Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: DIY carry BIG things with tractor

Thanks

bmaverick's Tools

Cool DIY carry BIG things with tractor

I'm poor, but not without rich ideas. I turned my box-blade into a BIG carry all tool.

Yanmar with a BIG lift

FYI, the tractor has two 42-lbs weights on the front. It helps to keep the front end from raising off the ground.

FYI, I will either need a PVC tube at the top of the ROPS or a closed-cell foam (pool noodle $1) to prevent the cow coral panels from scratching the ROPS.

Tractor attachments cost sooooo much money. For a lift like those wood bars, it would be about $300 or more. My wood was FREE from Lowes or Tractor Supply and the carriage bolts, washer and nuts were less than $3.

I can toss a plank or two across the boards for a platform to haul tools or whatever as well. Or use it as a lift to stand on to trim trees.

I'm not a welder nor a machinist, but I try to be creative enough to save money. Hope others out there can glean from this too.

DIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3322md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3324md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3326md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3328md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3340md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3343md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3344md.jpgDIY carry BIG things with tractor-dscf3347md.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bmaverick For This Useful Post:

Jon (Sep 22, 2016), PJs (Sep 21, 2016), verticalmurph (Nov 29, 2023)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks bmaverick! We've added your Small Tractor Lifting Arms to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: bmaverick's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information