Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: DIY Fishing worms collecting machine...

Thanks

Mr.DK DIY's Tools

DIY Fishing worms collecting machine...

My NEW DIY video

WASHING MACHINE MOTOR and DC GENERATOR ??? You haven't seen this DIY project before

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.DK DIY For This Useful Post:

jimfols (Nov 27, 2019), Jon (Nov 28, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Mr.DK DIY! We've added your Fishing Worm Collector to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: Mr.DK DIY's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Inflight's Tools
    This is great! I have a golf putting green in my backyard that I try to maintain to the highest standards. Unfortunately, almost every morning, I have dozens of worm holes and little mounds of dirt spread out on the grass. I sweep these up before the morning mowing and rolling, just to have to deal with it again the next morning!

I've been advised to water the green with baby shampoo which has done nothing. I've also tried poking copper probes into the lawn, connected to the household 110v AC outlet. This usually just trips the GFCI breaker.

Now I will try with a separate generator as shown in the video.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I reckon I’d pop out of the ground to if some bastard was sticking 274 volts up my clacker as well!

Thanks

Mr.DK DIY's Tools
    do not play with 110 v AC it is a dangerous current, you can only use DC voltages

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DK DIY View Post
    do not play with 110 v AC it is a dangerous current, you can only use DC voltages
    DC voltage is more dangerous than AC, so keep the voltage below about 40vdc. I wonder if a DC inverter welder would work?
    Last edited by Hans Pearson; Nov 28, 2019 at 08:32 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans Pearson For This Useful Post:

Crusty (Nov 28, 2019), Tuomas (Nov 29, 2019)

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Back when I was a kid we had a military surplus telephone magnito crank (used to ring phones when they had wires and bells). Put out around 90VAC which certainly got the worms up. Also putting coffee grounds on the ground would bring them up to eat overnight. I don't think they cared about brand, whatever was in the pot at the end of the day.

DIY Fishing worms collecting machine...-cleangen.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Having the sandy soil that I do the population of earth worms is sparse. I don't want them for fishing I wanted them in an my garden area for their natural composting ability's. So naturally I don't care to shock them out of the ground but is their population were to increase to several hundred per sq foot it would be fine with me.
    What I have done is to save the coffee grounds and the filters,the vegetable table scraps peelings egg shells and so forth into 5 gallon buckets then after a period of time I spread these on the garden after all harvest is done cut down any remaining foliage then moisten the soil and cover with sheet metal for the winter. Where there I used to be able only to find one or possibly 2 earth worms I am now finding several. Hopefully there will be 1000s by spring if the ground does not get too cold. I'm noticing they also eat the coffee filters.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Having the sandy soil that I do the population of earth worms is sparse. I don't want them for fishing I wanted them in an my garden area for their natural composting ability's. So naturally I don't care to shock them out of the ground but is their population were to increase to several hundred per sq foot it would be fine with me.
    What I have done is to save the coffee grounds and the filters,the vegetable table scraps peelings egg shells and so forth into 5 gallon buckets then after a period of time I spread these on the garden after all harvest is done cut down any remaining foliage then moisten the soil and cover with sheet metal for the winter. Where there I used to be able only to find one or possibly 2 earth worms I am now finding several. Hopefully there will be 1000s by spring if the ground does not get too cold. I'm noticing they also eat the coffee filters.
    I have used nearly similar way, this is actually very popular here.
    Take a plastic bucket, drill holes to the sides and bottom ( if it happens to rain water gets out) and then sunk bucket to shady place to the ground.
    Place coffee grounds to the bottom of the bucket, cover it with lid.
    And after couple days you can collect worms from the bucket.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    man always seem to invent different ways to torment every living creature & be proud of it.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information