Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does your job relate to your building activities?

Thanks

C-Bag's Tools
    I started out in a VW wrecking yard rebuilding engines then went through a job training program to a huge rice ranch. Working on everything from tractors, crawlers,implements, harvesters, mowers and trucks. During that time they decided to return the rice huller(a huge building with machinery to process and store the rice) to service that had not run since the 40's. So I ended up building several grain elevators and worked with a welder/sheetmetal man who taught me the ropes of fabrication. I realized I much rather build than repair. Left there, too many spoiled brats, not enough real world farmers.

I needed creativity in my work, so I bailed on the whole idea trying to fix stupid black box auto repair field and went to building, designingand installing fruit packing equipment for independent houses then a French owned manufacturer. During this whole time I'd had this invention I'd come up with that I'd been improving and making the equipment to manufacture as demand grew by word of mouth. I had made a manufacturing leap in the mass manufacturing of it and about that time the last place decided to screw the whole shop. Fate gave me the final Kick in the pants out the door. Two days later I was approached by one of the largest dealers in the field to carry it as I was casting about to try and figure out what I was going to do next. I've been doing that full time since. One man shop, at home in his garage, making a living, not a killing.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by C-Bag; Apr 24, 2016 at 02:19 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to C-Bag For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Apr 24, 2016)

Thread Information