Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Door corner cat door - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,839 Times in 11,337 Posts

Door corner cat door - GIF

Door corner cat door.

Previously:

Cat washer and dryer machines - video and GIF
    Cat countertop deterrent and the Falling Cat Problem - GIFs and video

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Rangi (Nov 29, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (Jul 22, 2021), Seedtick (Nov 25, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    We used to live in a house that had one of those rubber pet door flaps only at the time we didn't have any pets small enough be able to fit through the door. so we used it to lay a tasty treat by the door for the dog to stick her head through and get. One day we came home to find half a dozen of the neighborhood cats inside the house because I had forgotten to secure the flap. Have you ever tried to heard feral cats?

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

desbromilow's Tools
    herd feral cats? - they invented .22 shorts, and BB caps for a reason.

Having lived on farms and similar for years, I have witnessed the destruction caused by feral cats and dogs... and firmly believe it should be a criminal offense to release either into the wild.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to desbromilow For This Useful Post:

baja (Nov 26, 2019), Toolmaker51 (Nov 26, 2019)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by desbromilow View Post

Having lived on farms and similar for years, I have witnessed the destruction caused by feral cats and dogs... and firmly believe it should be a criminal offense to release either into the wild.
    We have 8 barn cats on our place. maybe 6 of them will come to us or allow the wife to pet them. I know of at least 3 of them that have survived rattle snake bites and 2 of our dogs have been bitten that I know of every so often we will see 1 of the cats carrying around a small dead snake or a field rodent. I don't care if I have to buy 150 lbs of cat and dog food per month as long as they help to keeps the snakes rodents rabbits coyotes and other pests away.
    There is a certain call our guineas make when they find a snake that will cause the dogs and the cats to come running. If I see our 4 dogs and several of the cats all going in the same direction at the same time at a run or circling something I grab one of my guns. Every animal has a job on our place, and I think they know if kill something they have found they are going to get a treat of some kind.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Nov 26, 2019)

Thanks

jdurand's Tools

In most places, at least in the USA, it IS a criminal offense to release animals into the wild. Even if it's a wild animal you caught unless you release it within a short distance of where it was captured.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    In most places, at least in the USA, it IS a criminal offense to release animals into the wild. Even if it's a wild animal you caught unless you release it within a short distance of where it was captured.
    Man here in the USA there is probably an offence for breathing eating sleeping or living if they want to dig into their ten trillion pages of outdated and new laws being dreamt up everyday.

Thanks

ranald's Tools

I dont think anyone would release a feral into the wild: sorry, I do know what you mean & dumping pets has disasterous results. Here giving them away can be even worse for the pet as some folk use them for "bait" to train savage dogs for fighting & that is not legal either. Our neighbours have a dozen native turkey nests due to some illegal relocation of those birds that do so much damage. There are Regs about this but some just don't care or follow guidelings and are being paid $200 for each bird they relocate to an illegal spot. That is another job the govt could create for all those ex mine & farm workers . They could tag the animals to be relocated so authorities could moniter their dumping areas, population growth, etc.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information