Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Driving a truck that's about to fall apart - GIF

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiersmoker View Post
    "How many miles you got on that truck Mack?" "About 14 million!"
    That's since the oil change...

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    It reminds me our 1940's Ford tractor 'Martha' at the marina I worked as as a kid, her fenders were like cheese graters and her hood flapped in the breeze when were running boats in and out for customers.

That truck isn't so bad, if you pulled the carpet up on my 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 you could see the road going by and it went a heck of a lot faster than that truck I can assure you.

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bob_3000 For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Jun 26, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,800 Times in 4,214 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_3000 View Post
    It reminds me our 1940's Ford tractor 'Martha' at the marina I worked as as a kid, her fenders were like cheese graters and her hood flapped in the breeze when were running boats in and out for customers.

That truck isn't so bad, if you pulled the carpet up on my 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 you could see the road going by and it went a heck of a lot faster than that truck I can assure you.
    Back in early 1971 I bought a 68 Plymouth Satellite from the wrecking yard my dad worked at sometimes, it came from one of those foreign countries in the Northeast, think maybe NJ or CT. from the body trim up it looked like brand new from there down Swiss cheese would have had fewer holes. Ran like a scalded Ape but all I wanted it for was to shoehorn the 383 into my 49 Plymouth custom Deluxe. Turned that old car into a real sleeper
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_3000 View Post

My 73 Gold Duster (225 Slant 6) rusted a hole in the right rear fender well so when it rained the water would sling off the tire, through the hole, down beside the seat and into the floor pan in the back. I drove it to high school and had by books in the back seat most of the time. In the winter one slid off the seat into the water. I didn't know it at the time so the next day when I went to get it it was frozen in the water on the floor. I had to tell my teacher why I didn't have my book with me. He didn't believe me so I asked him If I could prove it to him. We walked out and I flipped the seat forward and showed him! He laughed his butt off! It was really bad in warmer weather. I had a date and it was raining. At one point I hit the brakes too hard and the water shot from the back to the front and soaked my date's feet. That was a really short date!
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosiersmoker For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Jun 27, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Yep, cold feet do that.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information