Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electromagnetic car dent removal - GIF

Thanks
    the marvel didnt goo up as bad as many other oils can and different thickness changed the tune witch could make it better or worse.usualy a tad better. I ran a imports car shop right out of high school&tech school. those were some fun days as well as head scratching times...I did a lot of mg,alfa,triumph datsun,mazda.and a little of everything elze inported...execpt for vw.I never messed with vw till I got old....18 years ago I got into them for my self. possiably the simplest and most effed up cars ever made.( ****ed up by the morons that think they are working on them.)

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    There's a book called Small Wonder about the story of Volkswagen. A must read for any VW fan...

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I had the extra wide fan in mine to keep it cool. I dont think it could read. Im not one of the usual vw guys.I tend to piss off 90 % of them. they are totaly clueless.thus all the afu vw's out there.

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    Ferdinand was a genius...

Thanks
    there were and still are many geniuses...some get a chance to shine some dont. they for sure figured out how to make one of the cheepest simplest cars possible. I use about 1~3 vw parts in my vw engines. dist drive shaft, and the crank shaft woodruff keys. the oe keys are beter than made now.the shaft is not made aftermarket... I learned a lot of my first vw build when i was balancing the crankshaft...I dont knoiw what the crank is made form but I think 6061t6 aluminum drills harder.... as such..I have never built a vw engine with the stock crank. and since Im replacing the cranks( & everything else too) I might as well add some stroke, bigger bore better cam, better valve train, better.everything except for those 3 parts I reuse..I have also reused the oil slinger on occasion. so basically...it's no longer a vw. and I do not build it like a vw is normally built either. I like lots of power and long lasting reliable stuff.

Thanks
    Most cars these days use some kind of b@stardized steel alloys that bend ONCE and they're done. Most body panels are glued on at the factory and they're easier to cut off and glue on new (aftermarket) ones. Few work autobody mechanics work metal these days because low carbon steel is a thing of the far past.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information