Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: EricNS

Thanks

EricNS

Hi Guys:
    Always enjoyed building things but I do not build as much as I used to due I am in Florida in winter for 5 months (do I ever miss my shop) and most of my time now in Nova Scotia I spend at my cottage 2 hours away from my shop.

I always built things that I needed if I had the time. I have a woodworking shop and a metalworking shop. I worked for 23 years as a sawmill technical advisor but being retired for 14 years it does not help my menmory but if any of you have a question don't be shy. If I can answer it I will, if not I will keep digging in my memory. I worked with sawmill of all sizes, from 200 bd ft a day to a million a day. I always enjoyed working with the small sawmills, they had no money but for the money they did not have they had extra brains. It was amazing what they came up with, like an automatic slab saw using a VW bug transmission. They would use whatever they had. Sometimes I would redesign it so it would be simpler to install, like powering one shaft instead of 2. I also did recovery studies and lumber size studies. I was also heavily involved in the wood biomass for heat in hot houses, schools, dry kilns and houses. I am now in Florida so I do not have any pics here.

Happy building and I always enjoy all the posting on this site.

Eric

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,135 Times in 11,430 Posts
    Hi Eric - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you have a lot of valuable experience. I have a bandmill on my projects list, to process some logs on the property.

What did you have in mind to build next? Do you see any projects here that catch your eye?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Eric,

Welcome!

A lifetime's experience!

What's next on your project list?

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information