Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Exiting a moving train - GIFs

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Hijack ? I thought I was hitchiking the IT galaxy or sumpin.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

PJs (Sep 24, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    When you go pro:

<video controls autoplay loop>
    <source src="https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmt-forum/wingsuiting_into_an_airplane.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>

As a pilot, my sympathies extend more to the guys in the Pilatus. Looks like they have to dive hard to meet the wingsuiters, who are posing a risk similar to a bird strike. The mountainous terrain also seems to lack a safe place to put the plane down in an emergency.
    The Pilatus Porter is perfectly suited to the terrain - as is the L-19 Bird Dog i fly when towing sailplanes. After every glider drop-off comes the thrilling descent, 60 degree flaps, very nose down, just 70 knots so as to not crack cylinders from sudden cooling, close to very steep terrain, looking for mountain goats. Landing is on ancient flat river bed grass strip between two close parallel mountain ranges. As an erstwhile skydiver, I imagine that itś totally bland compared to flying a wingsuit into an aircraft.

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by volodar; Apr 24, 2019 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by PJs View Post
    Roger That Jon! PC-6 (for a basic rabbit hole dive) is a pretty amazing STOL aircraft and those guys have angels on their wing tips for pulling off that stunt over mountains like that with winds gusts/shears and eddies and temp changes. Pilot SKILLs and then some! Wingsuiter's are pretty bodacious as well.

Seeing what these birds can do at the hands of a good pilot...watch the movie "Air America" when they land on on a ~60° mountainside...and take off from it.

48 seconds.

Don't think that was those two flyin' that bird! Tom Danaher from Wichita Falls, Texas...read the first posting below by Cherokee592...don't know for sure but sounds credible!
    Dont think that either but very entertaining like my jack russell killing a king brown and stopping to bark to tell the pup to stay back and learn. LOL Fact: I cant speak doggie language but they JUST KNOW!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Apr 27, 2019)

Thread Information