Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: "Flat Earth" photo, and why it's so hard to debunk pseudoscience

Thanks
    Really? Sailors used to use, and some still use, a sextant for navigation. A sextant proves that the earth cannot be a sphere - https://www.bitchute.com/video/TKykKTqNwGV4/ This is also true with a theodolite.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    hmm, I wonder what country's/continent's can be seen and what cant be seen from the moon. does that mean the others are fictitious? That they do not exzist?or that they are just hiding...hiding where??is the earth 2 sided?4 sided?6 sided? witch brings me back to..the earth is cubed with the corners misplaced...

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Dec 14, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Yes REALLY. Toolmaker51 was USN 26 years, 24+ as Quartermaster....Contrary to Army interpretation, Navy QM's are Navigators. I'm double shell back having crossed Equator twice, both in the gulf known as Indian Ocean, at Longitude 84° 30'.00''. Wound up just short of full circumnavigation; Navy operates more on logistics then novelties. None-the-less, that means also having transited several ocean expanses on any compass point within 360°. And damn, that telltale curved horizon not only directly ahead, astern, and any direction one might chose to look...underway or at full stop.
    Driving cross country, the only place with flat earth (note lower case letters) is Kansas, where flying over it corrects that assumption. Apologies to Kansas, 410 miles wide but eternity to cross.
    But wait, there's more!
    Courtesy Uncle Sam, and my own travels, have made a few transoceanic (Pacific) flights, seeing that identical curved horizon. Never changes; from hanger deck ~50' or bridge of aircraft carrier ~130', or aircraft port hole at ~35,000'. All those outside indisputable photos provided by world's various space organizations. Curvature they show at altitude IS different appearing; atmospheric diffusion, weather, land masses, and perspective of an 8" x 10", to name a few, but scale remains the same.
    Sextants remain in use regardless onset of electronics, not only to retain proficiency. It assures positions on a regular basis, should the electronics become inoperative or deactivated. Most capital chips, DR (dead reckoned) positions are updated every 30 minutes.
    A sextant does not depend on curvature to operate, any more than machinists protractor needs a plumb reference.
    Sextants have, can and without reason to cease, function as survey instruments in horizontal position; when observer selects a 'horizon' [telephone pole etc] and target(s). Goes without saying, that is minute in scale to astronomical distances.
    Question remains, where are those remaining 340°?
    A flat Earth, does it have hemispheres? If not, please explain why Coriolis Effect has two distinct actions separated by an Equator. A flat Earth does it have a North or a shitload of them?
    Directly related to that, assuming Earth is a flat plane, in whatever orientation imaginable, here's more.
    Why are polar routes [more or less N & S) used for certain flights?
    What made certain sea battles historically significant? Hint. They were conducted by forces without positions in view of each other; term for it escapes me.
    Oh yeah. Over the Horizon, that's it. Out of view visually, not to RADAR or scout planes.
    Why are flight-times from say, Lisbon, Portugal to San Francisco, CA of DIFFERENT duration than San Francisco to Lisbon, being roughly E & W?
    Why (how) was NASA able to calculate the Moon's own gravitational pull? Comparison of two bodies known size maybe? I say calculate, though guesstimate is more correct, being compositional density of Moon surface, mantle and core aren't as well known as that of Earth.
    One word hasn't collected a reply from the crowd yet, where in "orrery" opened my discourse. On nothing but centuries worth of observations and calculations, how does that man made device represent motions the heavens make; including eclipses, orbits, scale of (most) bodies and duration, constructed about 1751?
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Dec 14, 2021 at 09:10 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    With my degree in Physics and all the Mechanical Engineering study - I appreciated most of the mathematical descriptions. Now retired, I still have an issue with "imaginary numbers" and I check off days on my calendar when I didn't need a differential equation, or even Algebra to enjoy my evening cocktail and Sunset.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information