Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: "Flat Earth" photo, and why it's so hard to debunk pseudoscience

Thanks
    with flat brains.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Dec 12, 2021)

Thanks
    Me: 'Tell me you're not a sailor, without telling me you're not a sailor...'

Flat-Earther: 'Earth is flat!'

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    any moron can tell the earth aint flat. even saylors. and possibly some demoncrats too. but not many as they cant pull thier heads out of the slave masters ass.

Supporting Member Skun Knuckles's Avatar
    Thanks

Skun Knuckles's Tools
    If the earth is flat, why isn’t the moon?
    When I was young and poor I learnt a trade, and after many years of hard work I’m not young anymore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skun Knuckles For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Dec 13, 2021)

Thanks
    because it has been corrupted by the dark side.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Lol....."Just ask Galileo".
    His statements [verbal, written and that digit] are my favorite in clash between proof and beliefs, certainly not only instances that such debunking occurs.

Can't exceed 100 mph. There aren't particles that small; well ok, but you cannot split them. Signals can only be transmitted visually. Cannot assemble a timepiece that will remain accurate at sea...(so then) You can't circumnavigate globe. Can't escape gravitational pull of earth. (IDK, wouldn't their flat earth have very low gravity?). Ballistics, especially trajectories were considered black magic. You can't build a skyscraper safely. You can't maintain a skyscraper vertically (on such a small footprint).
    You can't teach an old dog new tricks?
    You Can't Judge a Book By Looking At The Cover?

Ahem; ya'll know my penchant for musical references.
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Dec 12, 2021 at 09:29 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Call me ornery, call me orrery, either way heliocentric.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerjake View Post
    It's always amusing to hear a globehead make their claims that the earth is a ball, and they always do so by making numerous assumptions that prove they are flawed. In this video, Carl Sagan makes the assumption, which is the same assumption that Eratosthenes made (at 1:01), that the sun is "so far away that it's rays are parallel". First of all, no one KNOWS just how far the sun is away, scientists change the distance all the time. Is it a million miles away, or is it just 1,000 miles? Every claim is nothing more than an "educated" guess, a theory! Flat earthers understand that the earth is flat and that the sun is only a few thousand miles away, which not only means that it would cast different length shadows on those two obelisks but also means that it is NOT as huge as "scientists" IMAGINE it to be. Do you think it is just a coincidence that the moon and sun are the SAME SIZE in the sky? So considering the smaller size and the closer location, it is EASY to show how the phases of the moon are made on a flat earth. And, by the way, if the persistent circular shadow on the moon is what led the early Greeks to hypothesize a spherical earth, then they were NOT as intelligent as everyone thinks, because it is NOT the only way that would always cast a circular shadow-- shine a flashlight on a ball and you'll see that the light conforms to the shape of the ball -- no straight line.
    Excellent hypothesis.
    Meanwhile, pray tell then, why well made shotguns have two beads aligned on the rib, and that at muzzle is slightly larger.
    Inline with that, both rifles and hand guns have a rear sight notch/ aperture and blade/ post at front. Familiar with what are essentially standard available sizes?
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/index.htm
    https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...ghts/index.htm
    https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...ghts/index.htm

Comparing a flashlight's meager filament to the Sun's every apparent square inch generating light, and substantial heat. Both those figure into computation [approaching verification] of distance in triangulation, that trigonometry compares with respectable percentage. It's distance is also computed in comparison with ranging by laser to other targeted bodies; by well documented divergence of the beam...
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    .... at some point one has to begin relying on the credible research and experimentation that has gone before.
    You would be correct if it was "credible research and experimentation", but considering that NASA is the only one who can verify it, it cannot be considered credible. Credible is when others are able to do the same research and experiment to verify the findings.

Supposedly the earth averages 9 million miles from the sun. So how is it that an astrophotographer can take a detailed photo of the sun, but NO ONE has been able to take a detailed photo of the ISS and it is only 220 miles? And his photo of the sun was done with a modified telescope, not the hubble, or one at an observatory. https://hyperallergic.com/697829/thi...s-going-viral/ Then look at what NASA claims to be their most detailed "photo" of the sun; scroll down at this link to NASA's photo https://www.republicworld.com/techno...-see-pics.html. If you believe that is a photo, you're blind in one eye and can't see out of the other!

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    About all I'm willing to contribute at 04:00 CST......
    a] https://www.google.com/search?q=why+...client=gws-wiz

b] Spare 1.02 seconds, and review any quantity of results. Plenty to chose from, a nice round 299,000,000 items...first was Huygens in 1653 via phases of Venus.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...e+from+the+sun. With quill pen and paper, and early slide rule likely. Estimates are acceptable in realm of figuratively infinite calculations. That subsequent researchers have used different bodies or methods only reinforces the entirety, ever narrowing range of error(s).

c] re Flat Earth;
    Mt. Everest @ 8,848 meters (29,029 ft) ~ 5.50 miles
    + Marianas Trench @ 11,034 meters (36,201 feet) ~ 7.0 miles
    rather assures a minimum 19,882 meters (65,230 ft) ~ 12.35 miles 'thickness', minimum.
    What remains unclear, how large is the drain plug?
    Convention says about 2412.17 meters (41785656 ft) ~7913.95 miles, from two points roughly equatorial in latitudinal position and mere 6018947 meters or 3740 mi that is 19°8'10" apart (about 1.28 time zone which are 15° each.)

d] We'll await description where those pesky 340° 51' 46.8" are...........
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Dec 13, 2021 at 03:03 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks
    i wonder if the flat earth is square ( as in cube)...with the corners rounded off...and put on the flats....and...there we have it the flat earth is now rounder with mountains.( any ****ing moron can clearly tell that a mountain is not flat...well most ****ing morons can.
    Last edited by marksbug; Dec 13, 2021 at 12:22 PM.

Thread Information