Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flipping UTV crushes drone camera - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,712 Times in 9,874 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

baja (Apr 23, 2020), dubbby (Apr 25, 2020), rlm98253 (Apr 22, 2020), Seedtick (Apr 22, 2020), Tonyg (Apr 22, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    So that's how to they get rid of those pesky drones. Guess the next time the county sends one over I'll have to run my backhoe up a hill and swat at it with the bucket. I'm not quite crazy enough to try and flip it or my UTV in a jump and I was asked not to shoot one down again but he did say please.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    That was a super expensive DJI Inspire ”drone”. They are pro level filming “drones”. I hate the word drone because most are not capable of acting or flying without hands on control. Only the models with GPS can fly autonomously, actually not even autonomously because they have to have a preprogrammed flight plan.
    But that’s just a commercial licensed RC pilot that does “drone” work for hire.

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    DID drone work for hire.

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    At the ranch we used to be part owners of, one guy drove his truck to the top of one of the hills there and as he crested the top a military chopper was cresting from the other direction. Close but they didn't hit. Our guy was wondering how he'd file an insurance claim for colliding with an aircraft in flight.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    At the ranch we used to be part owners of, one guy drove his truck to the top of one of the hills there and as he crested the top a military chopper was cresting from the other direction. Close but they didn't hit. Our guy was wondering how he'd file an insurance claim for colliding with an aircraft in flight.
    with the help of a really good lawyer

Thanks
    friggin' rich people and their toys

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by drivermark View Post
    friggin' rich people and their toys
    I don't have a problem with people having drones I would own one myself if I had a use for one. my objection is one belonging to anyone other than myself flying it over my property, this includes any gov. entity Fly it as low or close or as high as they want as long as it stays within the boundaries of the easement of the road every square foot of every acre of my property can be seen from a few hundred feet in the air. The county now uses a remote piloted aircraft to take pictures once every few years for property tax assessment but according to the county charter they are restricted to use flying over county or state property only and are permitted to fly over larger ranch properties only with prior written and signed permissions from the land owners. the city dwelling hunters who bring their drones must get permission from the land owners before flying them otherwise the County sheriff has stated they might be shot out of the sky and there is nothing he could or would do anything about this happening. It is his understanding that the FAA has minimum standards for low altitude flight and anything below that height is sovereign to the land owners

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    According to the FAA (USA), a drone can fly ANYWHERE that isn't government restricted as long as it doesn't touch down. So hovering 1 foot over your skylight is perfect legal. You blasting a hole through your skylight with a shotgun is both illegal and expensive.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jdurand For This Useful Post:

schuylergrace (Sep 21, 2023)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Its only illegal to blast a hole through your skylight if you try to claim the damages on your homeowners insurance. This is assuming you don't live in some city where the discharge of a fire arm within the confines of your own home or on your own property has been deemed improper behavior.
    If I were to decide to set up a firing bench with 100 firearms clamped to it tie lanyards to all of the triggers step back and pull that wad of triggers as fast as I could it might sound like the battle of hamburger hill where I live the Sheriff might show up after about half an hour but all he would do, would be to ask me if he can help me reload so he could fire them off, this is assuming of course that I didn't have any of them aimed in the direction of a neighbor of half a mile away.
    And no drones can not be flown out here over private property without permission from the land owner Only the Federal Government possibly State level can get away with that. The county voted not to fly theirs over private property unless in pursuit of,or for the investigation of suspected criminal activity. But I don't think their Remote piloted aircraft are as sophisticated as some of the ones the Hunters from the Cities own.

Thread Information