Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ford F-Series from 1948-2022 - photo

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by IntheGroove View Post
    I would love to have that truck...
    You and about a million others

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Apparently it's not just me; trade my 14th gen for about any 6th & earlier.
    While it performs, there are so many idiosyncrasies, this first one will be my last.
    Most recent; headlight plug inadequate to remain tight and attached. Same for power seat connectors. Entire center dash inoperative, save external thermometer and heater/ AC control. Over 100 years experience making vehicles, and they still haven't devised how to drain rocker panels. Dumb-a** sheet metal decorated lug nuts; at least they are 6 lug per, not that goofy 7 pattern awhile back. Nice enough to drive, but doesn't like crosswinds. Double jointed people don't mind oil filter location. Only things keeping it in the stable, being Flex Fuel, and hood latch works easily; literally NO other redeeming qualities.
    Old girlfriend has the same knock about 4-speed Y-block 1961 since late 60's, but CA.
    Current girl's Father still runs daily the '71 he bought brand new, in Upstate NY!
    Frank S knows them up to 10th generation just about inside and out. Three examples sum my personal endorsement of FoMoCo products; darn good up to a point.
    And passenger cars? ie Different shoes and pads based on every tiny different trim package? That list too long to relate further.

2000 Tool Plans
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Apparently it's not just me; trade my 14th gen for about any 6th & earlier.
    While it performs, there are so many idiosyncrasies, this first one will be my last.
    Most recent; headlight plug inadequate to remain tight and attached. Same for power seat connectors. Entire center dash inoperative, save external thermometer and heater/ AC control. Over 100 years experience making vehicles, and they still haven't devised how to drain rocker panels. Dumb-a** sheet metal decorated lug nuts; at least they are 6 lug per, not that goofy 7 pattern awhile back. Nice enough to drive, but doesn't like crosswinds. Double jointed people don't mind oil filter location. Only things keeping it in the stable, being Flex Fuel, and hood latch works easily; literally NO other redeeming qualities.
    Old girlfriend has the same knock about 4-speed Y-block 1961 since late 60's, but CA.
    Current girl's Father still runs daily the '71 he bought brand new, in Upstate NY!
    Frank S knows them up to 10th generation just about inside and out. Three examples sum my personal endorsement of FoMoCo products; darn good up to a point.
    And passenger cars? ie Different shoes and pads based on every tiny different trim package? That list too long to relate further.
    First and last at the same time equates to two in my book. Ed has that 2021 POS F250 of his and the factory has been trying to get him to bring it in for a recal. something about if the doors are ever slammed shut very hard the windshield could pop out. OK... don't slam the dang doors it is a Ford not a Chevy or a dodge you don't need to slam the doors but slam them on any newer tightly closed vehicle and you will pop your ear drums leave the stupid windows down a 1/2-inch problem solved. or do like I do leave them all the way down and leave the keys in it that way a thief won't have to destroy the stupid thing to steal it.
    (I have a 2004 Expedition that I will never leave the windows all the way up because it is the Eddy Bauer edition who the hell ever he was. with automatic door locks that you can't even unlock with the key you have to type in a code phooey on that. Someone please steal the thing from me and no I don't have full coverage ins on it so don't worry.
    Gen5 was the last generation before the plastic evolution began to take over. Gen 6 started out after late gen 5 dabbled a bit with plastic in the instrument cluster in the last years gen 6 kept it respectful until 1979 and by the time gen 8 came out in 1980 the cancerous plastic migration had fully infused itself over the steel beneath. Gen 9 started out with the plastic cancer eating the remaining steel from underneath replacing it with aluminum. Gen 10 started out with the first OBDII service ports beginning to show up OBDI started showing up in Gen 9 and were really the final nails being driven in the coffin for the auto industry only them hadn't been driven all the way in yet. Some can argue that once computers started to show up in other vehicles years earlier the auto industry had essentially died, I won't argue against that point but some passive computer control in a vehicle is not completely a bad thing but once the ign. keys started needing chips in them to start the vehicles the industry was then put on life support and someone needs to pull the plug very soon.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Feb 19, 2023)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Can this photo / poster be purchased somewhere?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick79 View Post
    Can this photo / poster be purchased somewhere?
    Just right click and select........Ford F-Series from 1948-2022 - photo-just_left_click_and_select.jpg
    Disregard mis-named file

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thread Information