Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Forging Press Made from a Log Splitter, Making Damascus

Thanks

AirborneProductions's Tools

Forging Press Made from a Log Splitter, Making Damascus

In the follow-up video, we finish our conversion of the log splitter-turned forging press, and we put it to use and abuse. Please subscribe to see more projects!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AirborneProductions For This Useful Post:

aussie (Apr 23, 2020), dubbby (Apr 24, 2020), Jon (Apr 30, 2020), mcqueue (Jun 8, 2022), Tonyg (Apr 25, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks AirborneProductions! We've added your Forging Press to our Knife Making category,
    as well as to your builder page: AirborneProductions's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    I have exactly the same log splitter for exactly the same purpose. I was however about to go down a bigger worm hole to achieve what you have. My plans have just been changed to this simple idea which essentially achieves the same outcome. Thank you!

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    There are lots of uses for log splitters besides their intended usage. I have seen can crushers, iron workers, apple cider presses, bearing presses, and I even had a friend that used his to remove his finger tip by accident of course. They are a much overlooked machine for modifying for another purpose.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by owen moore View Post
    There are lots of uses for log splitters besides their intended usage. I have seen can crushers, iron workers, apple cider presses, bearing presses, and I even had a friend that used his to remove his finger tip by accident of course. They are a much overlooked machine for modifying for another purpose.
    I have said for years that log splitters would be a great starting point for any of a number of machines, only to be shouted down by anyone I suggested it to.

Thank you for confirming my craziness

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information